• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My phone just updated-- was it an Android update?

MoreThanThis

Sep 25, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy Reverb and it was updated yesterday. I am hoping it is a fix for its freezing issue that's been going on for a while. It would freeze up about twice a week. It said it's going to update my Samsung Galaxy Rush (wrong phone but OK), and then it restarted. When it restarted it showed a big android logo and said it was updating.

Is there a way to know what the update was? I hope it was a fix from Samsung, but the android logo during the update makes me think it was just an android update. Or are they one and the same?

Let's see how I like it.

62399d1380810984-my-phone-just-updated-android-update-uploadfromtaptalk1380810981027.jpg

62400d1380811063-my-phone-just-updated-android-update-uploadfromtaptalk1380811060625.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380810981027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380810981027.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 189
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380811060625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380811060625.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 164
Upvote 0
I went ahead and installed the update. I figure it can't be worse than the last one.

Was it?? I have been afraid to run the update after the previous "update" started causing my previously happy phone to randomly freeze up and need rebooting 5 times a week or so. Not to mention it's a "Reverb" phone, but the update indicates it's for a "Rush" ?? Does this fix the freezing up issues?

Upvote 0
Was it?? I have been afraid to run the update after the previous "update" started causing my previously happy phone to randomly freeze up and need rebooting 5 times a week or so. Not to mention it's a "Reverb" phone, but the update indicates it's for a "Rush" ?? Does this fix the freezing up issues?

Reports are good so far. The update certainly doesn't make it any worse!

Reactions: cbws887
Upvote 0
Guessing I should just bite the bullet and run the update then. I'm tired of telling it to go away every time I open up my phone. Just the fact it tells me the update was for the wrong phone made me nervous it would mess things up.

The Rush and Reverb are very similar, so they likely repurposed a Rush update for the Reverb, hence the misnomer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones