• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone keeps forgeting opened apps

cicina

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
Hello there. Please help me. My phone wont remember anything after switching to another app. Example.. trying to use gumtree app to add advertisement. In the same time, I google for specifications of my produxt I want to sell and I want to copy one by one into my ad. However if I leave firefox and switch to gumtree, gumtree app is down and needs to be reloaded. After that when I switch back to firefox to copy more text, firefox is down and needs to be reloaded. I cant believe my phone cant remember damn thing. Keeps forgeting what i have opened.

Now more info: ofc im trying to save battery with greenify. Also I messed up with settings, I tried to set apps to kill themselfs after screen goes off. I used every option I had to make apps stop. Now I might made mistake and my bloody phone wont remember google search and always reload page or app.

Please if you have any idea on how to make it work again, how to make it remember opened websites and apps, I would really appreciate help. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Edit: extra question just in case you would know.. I have installed app called Tunnel its a game but later I uninstalled it. Now icon of android appears randomly with Tunnel name. When I click on it, it says app not found in the list. Lol. Then I delete app and it dissappear with saying there is no such app. Few days later the app will come back again lol saying there is no app. Just stupid icon of android with name of that app. Cant believe. Its not a big deal and its not virus, but still,do you knkw anything like this?

Last edited:
Hello there. Please help me. My phone wont remember anything after switching to another app. Example.. trying to use gumtree app to add advertisement. In the same time, I google for specifications of my produxt I want to sell and I want to copy one by one into my ad. However if I leave firefox and switch to gumtree, gumtree app is down and needs to be reloaded. After that when I switch back to firefox to copy more text, firefox is down and needs to be reloaded. I cant believe my phone cant remember damn thing. Keeps forgeting what i have opened.

Now more info: ofc im trying to save battery with greenify. Also I messed up with settings, I tried to set apps to kill themselfs after screen goes off. I used every option I had to make apps stop. Now I might made mistake and my bloody phone wont remember google search and always reload page or app.

That's why your Gumtree and Firefox apps always have to reload every time you open them. What did you actually do, go into the developer settings or something, basically you need to undo whatever it was you did. Are you using any sort of task killers at all, like Clean Master?

Please if you have any idea on how to make it work again, how to make it remember opened websites and apps, I would really appreciate help. Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Edit: extra question just in case you would know.. I have installed app called Tunnel its a game but later I uninstalled it. Now icon of android appears randomly with Tunnel name. When I click on it, it says app not found in the list. Lol. Then I delete app and it dissappear with saying there is no such app. Few days later the app will come back again lol saying there is no app. Just stupid icon of android with name of that app. Cant believe. Its not a big deal and its not virus, but still,do you knkw anything like this?

Something funky going on with it, but not a virus. Could try resetting and restarting your phone. And that might solve the first problem as well, with the apps always reloading.

Upvote 0
Thank you for answers. Well I dont feel really comfortable with factory reset but seems like solution.
No, I dont use any task killers except Greenify. I checked that already and there is no such thing what would cause killing app after switching to another app. Greenify just kill them after screen goes off or when I tell him to do so.
In fact, I dont even know if there is a solution - my phone could be just slow right? Isn't is possible? I got lenovo k3 note. Since I bought is I set it up like this and I was happy Im saving battery and everything but now it just pissing me of.
Will do factory reset I guess..
Thanks guys

Upvote 0
I bought from dx(dot)com and seller marked white version of my phone as android 6 marsmallow while other colors are still at lollipop. I bought white one then.
Its awesome phone btw, i like it but I have to ask: if you trying to use multiple apps like firefox or chrome with another ones, does your phone do the same? Or can you switch back to firefox or chrome smootly without reloading page or app? Does your phpne remember opened apps? I dont want to do factory reset if not necesary. Thanks ;)

Upvote 0
I bought from dx(dot)com and seller marked white version of my phone as android 6 marsmallow while other colors are still at lollipop. I bought white one then.
Its awesome phone btw, i like it but I have to ask: if you trying to use multiple apps like firefox or chrome with another ones, does your phone do the same? Or can you switch back to firefox or chrome smootly without reloading page or app? Does your phpne remember opened apps? I dont want to do factory reset if not necesary. Thanks ;)

Deal eXtreme is in China. Can you confirm and post the exact model number and version of this Lenovo K3 Note you've got. Chinese Android version, possibly issues with it, nobody uses Gumtree here in China. :)

I'll try the Gumtree app myself later on a Chinese Oppo phone. Chrome and all other browsers are OK here, I can go to the home screen, run other things, go back to Chrome and it doesn't reload, it's exactly as it was, all tabs open.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi ofc I know its china but they ships worldwide. I dont live in china xD anyway I believe its proper lenovo k3 note with proper android 6 inside. Haven't noticed anything suspicious so far. Screenshot shows detailed info about my device.
It does not have to be gumtree app, it was just an example. I was trying to copy text from browser to gumtree app but same happen if I try to run viber and copy web link from browser. When I get back to viber, its not open where I left it. It will reload to the message list. And again, when I switch to firefox to copy link (for example) or do whatever I need, firefox is down and getting reloaded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-05-13-59-53-212.jpeg
    Screenshot_2017-01-05-13-59-53-212.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
While the K3 Note is an excellent phone, hardware wise, but there are reports about Android 6.0 memory leak issues, it could result in excessive memory usage and make the phone run slow after a while. Unless you can find and apply the upgrade that might contain the fixes, the simplest solution is to restart the phone from time to time, even once a day if you are heavy user.

Upvote 0
Hi ofc I know its china but they ships worldwide. I dont live in china xD anyway I believe its proper lenovo k3 note with proper android 6 inside. Haven't noticed anything suspicious so far. Screenshot shows detailed info about my device.

You might not be in China, but Deal eXtreme is and I'm China as well, :thumbsupdroid: So wanted to see what exactly you had. I know we've had posts on AF about buying phones from sites like DX, Ali, or Ebay, shipped from China, and find the Lenovo or something doesn't have Google, or only works with China Telecom, etc. I know for sure we've had reports of WhatsApp not running correctly on Chinese devices, basically about it shutting down and not pushing notifications, messages and calls.

It does not have to be gumtree app, it was just an example. I was trying to copy text from browser to gumtree app but same happen if I try to run viber and copy web link from browser. When I get back to viber, its not open where I left it. It will reload to the message list. And again, when I switch to firefox to copy link (for example) or do whatever I need, firefox is down and getting reloaded.

Everything reloading is definitely not right, it shouldn't be doing that.
However I did try the Gumtree app, and that always reloads on my phone as well, no other app behaves like that, certainly not Viber or Firefox. So possibly that's how it was designed, or it's an issue with it that Gumtree needs to fix.

Upvote 0

Hi there.
I know this is coming too late but, at least for future reference it may be useful.
To solve cicina's problem you may have to go to "Settings" > "Developer Options" and at the bottom of the list you have "Don't keep activities" - uncheck that.
That tweak won't let you have any Apps in the background.
Hope this solves it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones