my phone keeps lighting upGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-02-23 13:47:46
  1. apple turnover

apple turnover New Member

Hey guys, I've had my phone for about 7 months, and I've generally had an okay relationship with my phone. This week, however, I noticed that my phone started lighting up by itself. I don't know how often this has been happening, but whenever I lock my phone and put it down, the screen lights up out of nowhere. It's sort of random, the screen could light up and off for minutes at a time, then stop for ten minutes, then start up again. Throughout the day, this really starts to drain the battery. Is there anything I could do besides factory resetting it?

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome to Android forums!:)
    Have you downloaded any new apps around the time this started?
  3. apple turnover

I have downloaded a couple of new apps, but I doubt they caused it, the apps are just games like angry birds and such.

And thanks for the kind welcome! :)
  4. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I am not sure why it is happening, but I recommend 2 things that may or may not help, but certainly won't hurt.
    Download from the Google Playstore an App called Airpush Detector. It will let you know if you have downloaded any apps that push ads to your phone, what they are, and give you the option to delete them, as those could definitely cause the screen to light up when ads are pushed to your phone. The other thing I recommend is going into your display settings to reset all of your screen settings to the way you want them. If neither one of those helps, I would take it to your service provider, and have them do some troubleshooting. You are still under warranty, after all.
    apple turnover likes this.
  5. apple turnover

Thank you so much. I tried both of your recommendations, and so far, it's working! What's odd is that the apps that showed up in the Airpush Detector were apps that I've had for months, but I won't question it.
    damewolf13 likes this.
  6. hatemabs

hatemabs New Member

1) settings- applications- running apps
    2) close any apps that use internet ... like google maps .......... etc

good luck dear :)
  7. Droid1994

Droid1994 New Member

Hey all u guys i have the very same problem with my Moto FireXT530, the screen keeps lighting up randomly every few minutes or so eventually draining the battery.... its has become 10 months since i bought my phone it used to happen a month after i bought the phone and then stopped for few months and it has started again now..... my phone is rooted hence the warranty is voided. any advises?
  8. StephieMacc

StephieMacc New Member

Heyy, my phone keeps doing this too! but it only happens at 3 am, and the weird thing is, my phone is disconnected. I lost my job and haven't been able to pay the bill so I just use it for like an alarm or for taking pics so there is no wifi, internet signal NOTHING, so why is my phone lighting up. it will also change pages randomly when I am not even touching it. I will see It light up and look down and it will jump to the menu screen and then back to home screen, anyone know why?!?! its a galaxy s4
  9. swf36d

swf36d New Member

Check your home button. Mine was doing the same thing and the home button was pushed in and stuck. I think its going to be a warranty issue.