My phone keeps MMS sending me an email over and over again

1. crewxp

crewxp Member

My phone keeps MMS sending me an email over and over again. I had emailed me a picture about 2 days ago, received it; And now I receive the same message (sent from 832xxxxxxx@mms.att.net) about every four hours. I have deleted the text message, but it still keeps sending. I have also checked my email's outbox and sent, even though it says it was sent from a mms address.

Help!

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Are you sure it's sending a new message each time? It sounds like the message is sitting on the exchange server and is still marked as unread and you're getting a notification every fer hours as your phone polls the inbox.
  3. crewxp

crewxp Member

When I login to gmail on my computer, I also receive new 'seperate' messages each time in there too. Looks like they're being sent every '4-5' hours
  4. SunShyne1586

SunShyne1586 New Member

So I know this an android forum, but as I searched for an answer to my problem :mad:, I came across your posts.

I have an iPhone (not that it makes a difference in this matter). I emailed myself an MMS last Friday. I have received it over 10 times about every 4.5 hrs.

My thought is: I need to login to the mms.att.net email and remove it from the outbox/sent folders.

Any ideas how to do this? I know att.net is yahoo-based but it wont recognize mms.att.net. I wouldn't even know what password to use for that matter.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

This sounds like a glitch in AT&T's servers. If the sending server does not receive a confirmation that the message as sent, then it will sit in the outbox and periodically resend until a defined number of "failed attempts" are met and then it will stop. You might want to contact AT&T directly.