1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

My phone keeps sending the same text a million times, HELP!Support

1. kristinjoyy

kristinjoyy New Member

Okay, so before you ask if I've tried pulling the battery or rebooting it, I have a million times. This happened once before, where I'd send a text, and all of a sudden at the top it would say I had no service, and a message would pop up at the bottom saying "unable to connect to network, will send text when service is available" or something, and then it will get service for a second, and then repeat the process a ton of times, and will in turn send the text each time. I don't know what to do or how to fix this, I'm freaking out! The last time it happened, my friend got the same text from me (this isn't even an exaggeration) 157 times. It's honestly such a hassle and it's bugging my friends to no end and I feel awful. The phone is relatively new as well, I had problems with my first one but I have the protection plan through Asurion, so it was replaced. I just use the regular texting program, nothing downloaded and barely any apps on the phone at all. Is this a problem with verizon, or is it my phone? Help! :confused:

Advertisement
    :
    mla9474 likes this.
  2. GoGuard

GoGuard Member

Wish I could help you. I've had that happen three times now, the messages about service unavailable and the text messages will be sent when service is restored. My problem is one person keeps gettting a portion of an old message MIXED in with the last half of a new message I have just sent. Doesn't happen on every message but maybe once a day. And the partial message that is being resent at the beginning of a new text message was one of the ones that I had sent when I was getting that message about service being unavailable, so it's like it's stuck in a loop somewhere. I wanna scream HELP too but at least my friend didn't get 157 of the same messages.

None of mine appearred to have gone when I was getting the message about service being out but I have a "ghost" one that part of it keeps showing up. Annoying because the person doesnt' get the first part of my next text because in it's place is the older message.