My Phone Randomly Erases Pictures and Videos,then occasionally recovers them?

Last Updated:

1. kelg24

kelg24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Last month my Android phone (Droid Incredible to be specific) erased some pictures and videos that I had taken (not downloaded,the downloaded ones were all there!) and they were gone for a week then out of the blue they came back on my phone..alright cool.

Well today my most current pictures were randomly erased again and I don't know where to find them. This time I'm especially upset because I have many "precious" pictures and videos from a game I went to last night and now they are all gone:(( The worst part is that I was just about to back them up (I hadn't done anything then) before I went to my camera gallery and realized that they were missing.

Is there any way I can get them back soon? The only hope I have right now is that they may randomly re-appear a week later like last time.

Advertisement
  2. adeathnote

adeathnote Member

Is it possible that your pictures are stored on the SD card and it is unmounted? Is anything else deleting/missing? All your pictures or just a few? FYI for future issues, there are cloud service apps that will back up your data routinely for you.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Well-Known Member

I have noticed this happening to me on my Desire Z once in a while. I think the issue is with the picture viewer. When I had this issue the last time, I downloaded a different picture viewer app called QuickPic. Pictures that do not appear on my HTC picture viewer do appear in QuickPic. I have since only used QuickPic instead of the default picture viewer.

kelg24 likes this.
  4. kelg24

kelg24 New Member This Topic's Starter

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'll be honest with you,I was practically in shambles because I thought my pictures were gone. But I downloaded QuickPic and they are all there!:))