My Phone Restored factory settings- Like I just got it from the store!!!! GR!

Last Updated:

1. KruegerNerd

KruegerNerd Member This Topic's Starter

Wow, I have no idea what happened to my phone. I'm just wondering if it's faulty, or if there was some user error ;) Haha. Here's what happened:

My phone died in the middle of taking video. Came home a couple hours later, plugged my phone into the charger. I turned the phone on, after it was plugged in. My phone froze during the little HTC and Hero intro. After the freeze, it was back on, but my screens were all back to factory settings! It also asked me to calibrate my keyboard, and the little popup bubbles to guide the user with their "new phone" came up!!! All my apps were gone!! I lost ALL of my contacts!!! The only thing that stayed was my pictures and videos. It doesn't make any sense to me.... does anyone know what may have happened??

<3 Angel

Advertisement
  2. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

3. KruegerNerd

KruegerNerd Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks dude! Good to know I'm not the only one with a crazy phone.

4. peterc10

peterc10 Well-Known Member

Lots of debate on this topic here

BTW do you have the Sprint Hero?

5. jcruze14

jcruze14 New Member

Hey my Hero did the exact same thing recently. I was chatting on another thread about. I called HTC directly and they had no metion of it in their system. The guy at the sprint store ttold me it was the second time in two months he had seen it... yet HTC had no reports from Sprint. It seems to be a common problem. The woman at HTC told me she has entered into their "issue tracker" so you aught to report it directly to them. Their contact # 1-866-449-8358. Or go to HTC's site and fill it out... HTC - Support - Customer Service - Support via e-Mail They were really nice but unfortunately didn't have any kind of fix or solution.