• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone uses a TON of Ram

Get two apps. Android Assistant and Advanced Task Killer.
Set Android Assistant to clear every 30 to 60 min. And then set up Advanced task Killer to clear manually. You can do manual clears with AA but it is easier with ATK. Faster, less things to push.
AA also can move portions of apps off the phone on to your SD card and many other things. It is a nice app, you'll like it.
Android as an OS and not so much the phone just lets things run in the background after you have stopped using the app and backed out of it. It is the one thing about Android that bugs me.
I would rather have a app close button on all apps that shuts the app off and keeps it off until I want it to run again. Google says having theses bits of the apps running in the background does not take up much system resources and or affect performance.
Well the bozo's at Google need to use real world phone instead of the power houses that they use because having all those apps barely running in the back do effect how our phones work.
Even IPhones and IPads leave apps running. The one round button at the bottom of the screen. Double tap/fast press twice it and see how many icons show up at the bottom of the screen.
You have to hold one of the icons until they start shaking and a red dot with a minus sign shows on one of the corners, then you have to press the minus sign to close out running apps. My friend just bought a IPad2, had it for about 3 days and when I showed that to him he had well over 30 apps running, STILL!!
I would rather wait a few seconds for an app to load and have all system resources available to the phones than have them being sucked up by apps I am not even using at the moment. But convince Google that their wrong..............

1 app running.
Try the two apps I suggested. If they do not help you may have picked up a bug that is using resources.
If that is the case you may need to do a factory reset. Also be sure to use something like Free AVG on your phone. While there are few bugs for these phones it is never good to assume that there never will be. Better safe than sorry I always say.

Wanted to add that many people forget that you need to turn your phones off for about 30 seconds a couple times a week to clear the system. These phones are hand held PCs and need to have the system cleared from time to time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones