• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My phone will not bootup

seaner925

Lurker
Jan 13, 2012
So I need help. I know just enough about this stuff to get myself into trouble. I rooted the Breakout with SuperOneClick and everything was fine. I froze the update because I couldn't figure out how to get it back to stock state. Well now I can't boot up the phone normally. I am stuck with the

ANDROID Developer Mode!!!
FASTBOOT!!!

screen. I tried installing the fastboot drivers from the BreakoutAllinOnePkg.zip and tried booting up with it plugged into my laptop but no such luck. I know its in debug mode and everything else, I just dont know how to bypass this screen.

I know this is an old thread, but my coworker still has this phone and had this problem this morning. I'm the tech person here and am trying to get this fixed for her.

Wouldn't you know today is the last day of her contract?! Anyway, your solution worked! Like you mentioned, her buttons aren't working that great, but at least the phone booted and she'll be able to take it to Verizon so they can get her contacts ad photos off of it, if they still do that for customers.

I will see if she has Verizon Backup Assistant or the Verizon Cloud on it to see if it is already backed up. It's just nice to see the screen again. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones