1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

my phone wont cut on

1. PlayfulAlien

PlayfulAlien Well-Known Member

after i try to install the carbonRom made the misstake of pressing the a different setting on the cwm.... after that i use the exitrecovery zip then my phone wont turn on at all only a red light came on we i put the usb cord in

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

what exit recoveryzip?
  3. PlayfulAlien

the one they made for like the lg i thought yu can use it on any phone
  4. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Well-Known Member

Have tried booting into recovery or download mode?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2
  5. PlayfulAlien

yes i have and nothing happen
  6. alexandroid5

alexandroid5 Well-Known Member

Try plugging it in to a computer?

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Tapatalk 2
  7. Shabbypenguin

good job, you just wrote a shitload of zero's to one of your partitions. hopefully metro will replace it for ya

[HIGH]busybox echo -ne "\066" | busybox dd bs=1 seek=4107 count=1 conv=notrunc of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8[/HIGH]

there ya go there is the command you just ran by flashing that zip. gunna guess that mmcblk0p8 is one of the bootloader partitions (there is 4 last i checked). most people tend to exit recovery by hitting exit recovery, in teh future id suggest sticking with that method :)
  8. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

+1 you just fubared your S3 real good.
  9. PlayfulAlien

man this is not working im talking to the ppl frm samsung n see if i can get a brand new one
  10. PlayfulAlien

i noe so playfulgod wat rom can i use for the 4.1.2 on my samsung
  11. PlayfulGod

Whats posted here is all I know of, I dont have a S3 or anything available for it. ;)
  12. xInterlopeRx

xInterlopeRx Well-Known Member Developer

Playfulgod, can you PM me a link to this thread please?
  13. PlayfulAlien

ok kool then u should make a new one called 4.3 candycane
  14. PlayfulGod

sent!
    why would I name it that?

And w/o a S3 I prolly wont be doing anything for it. ;) (other than what I have helped on behind the scenes:)
  15. PlayfulAlien

idk it sounds cool tho
    well samsung want me to send the device to them so they can fix it but they charge 64.00
  16. PlayfulGod

dont be flashing anymore stuff from a lg on your samsung. ;)
  17. PlayfulAlien

lol it was only the exit recovery... ok so if that happn how can i get out of the cwm
  18. Shabbypenguin

pull battery is the fastest way
  19. PlayfulAlien

i did and it didnt work
  20. Shabbypenguin

no really, if you are in recovery mode and you pull the battery out it will power down.
    confed likes this.
  21. PlayfulAlien

i guess
  22. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

eh something made for lg and flashes it to a samsung not how things work but good job in discovery that on your own...

[​IMG]
  23. ckf888

ckf888 Member

That stupid exit recovery.zip hard bricked my Galaxy S3 as well yesterday. I'm so damn pissed off. I also wonder about the latest CWM version as well. After I updated to latest version of CWM, I was doing another ROM backup and got stuck in the boot to CWM loop for the first time ever. I finally had to start my phone in "download mode" then exit to get out of the loop. I then came across this same exitrecovery.zip and downloaded to my SD Card. I wanted to test it, so I rebooted phone into CWM recovery, and chose to reboot phone. Again, was getting stuck in the CWM boot loop. I went back in to flash the new exitrecovery.zip and BAM my phone is completely dead. It will not turn on anymore, is no longer recognized by my computer. I wonder if that program was created with malice? Now, I have to wait for Verizon to send out a refurb replacement.
  24. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

*sigh*
  25. PlayfulGod

You can be mad at the exitrecovery.zip all you want, but it didnt do anything other than what it was intended to do, GET A LG DEVICE OUT OF A CWM BOOTLOOP!!! (And only certain models at that). You or anyone else that has used it on a Samsung or any other device other than what it was originally posted for are the ones at fault.

100% Complete user error, failure to read descriptions, instructions, etc, etc. If someone else has re-posted it stating it was for any device, well they LIED!!!!!!

In the end this was completely your fault and PlayfulAlien's fault for flashing it as it was not created, posted, or intended for and other device(s) other than a handful of LG's that have the same partitions.
    confed and airtioteclint like this.