my phone wont stop talking

1. sarahbethaz

sarahbethaz New Member

I just got a mytouch phone today and it's talking to me. How do I make it stop? I can't find where to shut it off. It's driving me nuts! I tried the chat forums but they were so rude. I'll not go back there so now I'm desperate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. xxx

Advertisement
  2. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Well-Known Member

What exactly is it saying? When does it say whatever its saying?

Sent from my Cliq XT using Tapatalk
  3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

My wife does the same thing.
  4. majorpay

majorpay Well-Known Member

I'd hang up...

...Or take some meds? :eek:

(just kidding... hearing voices is a sign of schizo though)
  5. sdmage

sdmage New Member

Hey guys it's really happening. I have a motorola backflip and since yesterday some southern voice is talking the same thing over and over in random periods of time. (Just in case u say I'm crazy, the phone started talking while I was in class and everybody thought its my ringtone). Anyway, I know it's not an app because it doesn't stop when I kill all tasks with task manager. Could it be a virus or something?
  6. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

7. sljewell

sljewell New Member

So go into Settings, then into Accessibility, and turn the "Talkback" option off, Android girl. That's how I solved the problem.
    vegasbeelee67, amduscias462 and TraC like this.
  8. vegasbeelee67

vegasbeelee67 New Member

Thanks so much! My daughter has been driving me nuts with her talking phone, for two reasons! The obvious reason is that the damn thing wouldn't shut up! Our daughter is 12, so instead of researching to solve her dilemma, she just turned down all of the volumes. The only reason my 12 year old has a phone is to make it easier for her father & I to communicate with her when she's not home, or when we are out. Turning down the volume totally defeats that purpose! Hence, reason 2 is born. She never answered my calls or replied to my texts, and I was this close (imagine 1 inch) to confiscating the phone & turning it off. So sljewell, thank you for saving my daughter's phone. Finding an answer to an android question has never been easier, so thanks to Phandroid as well.
  9. lfr13d

lfr13d New Member

Had this problem out of the blue. The TalkBack feature was NOT on. The problem was phone was in driving mode. In driving mode tedt and calls are announced. When I turned off driving mode, talking stopped. Problem solved on my Samsung Galaxy S3..