• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phones gone radio rental..........help!!!

kaya82

Lurker
Jan 10, 2011
hello so sorry for posting thick questions but im no good with technology

i updated my xperia x10 via pc companion, i backed up my data and restored it etc and when i turned my phone back on it was all different the menu was different locale and text is not on there

all the apps i had d/l have gone when i go in email etc i had to put all my passwords back in

what have i done wrong???? most of my other date is still there but theres some contacks missing

thanks

hello so sorry for posting thick questions but im no good with technology

i updated my xperia x10 via pc companion, i backed up my data and restored it etc and when i turned my phone back on it was all different the menu was different locale and text is not on there
Hi.

Bit confusing to be honest, after updating with PCC, when you turned the phone back on was everything different? I don't see how you updated and restored, then turned the phone back on when the phone had to be off for you to update it in the first place. Sounds like you've flashed the phone which would explain the loss of apps and settings, which generally happens after flashing.

Upvote 0
Hi.

Bit confusing to be honest, after updating with PCC, when you turned the phone back on was everything different? I don't see how you updated and restored, then turned the phone back on when the phone had to be off for you to update it in the first place. Sounds like you've flashed the phone which would explain the loss of apps and settings, which generally happens after flashing.

Agreed.

You probably want to download SEUS from here - http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/sup.../detailed/updateservice/xperiax10?cc=gb&lc=en

Then you want to run the software and go through with the instructions where is asks you to unplug the phone from the computer and then during the installation of the software I believe it asks you to plug the phone in and while plugging it in holding the Back button the phone.

If you didn't go through those steps then you probably just re-flashed the phone basically wiping it and making it factory default.

Go through the update steps to fix any problems and I hope that does the job.

Upvote 0
sorry to be confusing i did everythin it asked including pluging the phone in at the same time as holding the back button

iv gone back and re installed all my apps now so its ok but now every time i make or recieve a call it just cuts off after about 30 secs an keeps saying no sim in phone when there is im also not recieving any txt msgs this is really doin my head in now

im really no good with phones

Upvote 0
sorry to be confusing i did everythin it asked including pluging the phone in at the same time as holding the back button

iv gone back and re installed all my apps now so its ok but now every time i make or recieve a call it just cuts off after about 30 secs an keeps saying no sim in phone when there is im also not recieving any txt msgs this is really doin my head in now

im really no good with phones

Maybe you have a crap sim card or it's lose.

Maybe pop the battery cover and batter and take a look at it.

If it keeps cutting you off and saying no SIM, it is most likely a hardware problem.

Hopefully a new SIM card will fix it and you don't need to exchange the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones