• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] My poor S4. PLEASE Help!!#

andrea50mason

Aug 30, 2014
I've had my S4 for 3 months lay week she showed signs of lag which progressively got worse right down to shutting down as well as getting hot during charge. (still using original charger) and yesterday she started shutting on and off randomly during use but always coming right back on. ultimately as of today sadly she cut off on me and waz stuck on Verizon screen for quite a while. Upon removing battery to allow cooling it came back on but still if it gets warm it repeats the ladder. Also occasionally threw up "system.process not responding" help please

Yeah I've downloaded some apks
(or attempted to) through my phones browser. They were for gamehack apps and a few for one click root apps for my husbands phone. (Different mod) but I've FDR as well as hard resetting and no dice.i top considered rogue app but If i did both resets Wouldn't that have deleted.that too?? And i sincerely thank u for Ur response

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nope no trauma to device and i dont think its the heat that's powering it off because just a few minutes ago It powered on Ed fully charged, wasn't plugged in and I was able to use it long enough to check on specs. And it powered back off. And at the time it powerd off it wasn't "hot" to the touch. No warmer than Ur average phone. I spoke of overheating but meant overheating when I charge it and use it at.the same time.
But if you think that's best I'll go with that.cuz I'm in pre~K as far as rooted devices go

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones