• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My predicament...

MariposaNegra17

Jan 31, 2010
I've decided to return my eris tomorrow and use that money towards pre-ordering the incredible...

I got my eris on the 13th of this month using an early upgrade so I had to pay an additional $20 on top of the $180...

I am hoping to order the incredible online because its cheaper and easier for me.

After returning the eris, the incredible should return to being $200 (instead of like $500 or something) so I can upgrade to it, right?

If so, when ordering, is there an option that allows me to keep my current phone number?

Thank you!

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you can "hold" a number that would be something to ask them in the store, you could also return the Eris and activate any old vzw phone you might have lying around or borrow one for a week or two from a friend, swap to old phone send back eris, or return to store and order up the incredible! if you are mailing back the Eris keep in mind it may take a while for the account to show eligible again.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if you can "hold" a number that would be something to ask them in the store, you could also return the Eris and activate any old vzw phone you might have lying around or borrow one for a week or two from a friend, swap to old phone send back eris, or return to store and order up the incredible! if you are mailing back the Eris keep in mind it may take a while for the account to show eligible again.

I am planning on reactivating my old lg dare when I return my eris today. And then I wanted to order the incredible tonight =P

Upvote 0
Call Verizon and see what they can do for you. I've had the best experiences when I call them. I have to admit the worst has been when I go to the store. When I order online, things work out just fine but when I call them, they are pretty accomodating and since there is less lead time from ordering to shipping, I have the item in less than 24 hours for no shipping charge.

Upvote 0
Call Verizon and see what they can do for you. I've had the best experiences when I call them. I have to admit the worst has been when I go to the store. When I order online, things work out just fine but when I call them, they are pretty accomodating and since there is less lead time from ordering to shipping, I have the item in less than 24 hours for no shipping charge.

Alright. I will probably call when I get out of work.

Should I just call customer assistance?

Upvote 0
I just talked to the rep that sold me my eris and he said that I should just come in on thursday morning and if the phone is available to get it then...

I guess because I used a special early upgrade to get my eris, it won't work for me to get it online....

I hope there are enough incredibles in the store come wednesday...>.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones