• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My pretty paperweight...

It seems ever since the 2.1 update for the Droid Eris, I cannot make a reliable call. It will either drop (half the time I have a few bars) or I can hear the person I am calling but they can't hear me. This happens every single time I'm on the phone. It's utterly useless and I'm IRATE that I cannot use my phone, but I'm still paying you for service...

My texts are apparently being sent half the time in "Arabic" as it was described to me. It seems to do it mostly when it one message flows into two...But even if it's just one it will still go all funny (no discernible words, all symbols and random letters).

I had to use Meebo to try to duplicate what my friend told me was going on...
30254_426931192017_546192017_547716.jpg

I am frequently given a warning of "little to no internet connectivity" or something like that. Even when I can clearly see that there is a connection...I did a hard reset and that's when it appeared things got worse.

I sent an email to Verizon Wireless and HTC tech support...I'm sure they'll both tell me it's the others' fault. I'm so insanely frustrated...

It's supposed to do that. I prefer the Zapf-Dingbat mode myself, though.

Just kidding.

It is remotely possible that there was some failure that occurred during the 2. 1 update on your phone, although that seems a little unlikely. More likely you have a hardware issue that has developed, and it was (by random chance) coincidental with your 2. 1 upgrade.

If you are still in the phone warranty period, just get a new phone shipped to you.

If you are outside of your hardware warranty period, you could try to eliminate the possibility of a bad 2. 1 flash by starting over: restore the phone to 1. 5, and re-perform the OTA download/install. Make sure your phone is fully charged before you do either of those steps.

eu1

Upvote 0
I would be calling Verizon tech support. They would have you a new phone by Tuesday at the latest.

Just get a new phone.

Call the 800 number though, and play stupid on the phone. Act like you are the most non-technical person in the world and cant follow instructions and a new phone will wing its way directly to you, or in my case last week, it will have your name on it when you walk through the door of the verizon store. Just have them call the store while you are on the line with them to have one held and it will be no questions asked when you get there. That was at least my experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones