My Problem With 2.2Support

Last Updated:

1. tryck02

tryck02 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Reception,i used to get 3G about everywhere and 1X and a bar at work.Now i can't hardly even get on the net.Places i went to at work outside where i used to get 3G,i now get nothing.
    I noticed if i turn my phone off then back on,i don't get 3G but i can get the 1X.My signal strength seems to be about the same as it was before.
    anyone else notice this?I'm highly upset,i thought with 2.2 that this was suppose to actually improve.
    I also have the battery issue and am using the upgraded Verizon battery.

Advertisement
  2. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

3. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Mine is working great, better reception/signal, better battery life. Are you in the group of people complaining about issues after froyo without doing a factory reset first?

4. bovineyard

bovineyard Member

I received my update Aug. 31 AM. The biggest problem has been a screen freeze about a minute or so after bootup. The only way to unfreeze it is to hang on to the phone firmly with my hand, shake it a little bit, and turn the screen off, and on again, sometimes have to do it several times before it will unlock.

I did a factory reset this morning, and couldn't make calls or data downloads afterwards until spending an hour on the phone with Verizon. (*228 did not work either) Finally had to do the ##778, and change some of the security and mip settings. Everything is re-loaded, and YES, still having the screen freeze issue at bootup, so I wasted a better part of my Saturday screwing around with that, with no noticeable benefit.

Bluetooth has been a little buggy also, both before and after hard reset.

I do like the wifi tether feature though.