My quick points about the Droid....

Last Updated:

1. briankeith513

briankeith513 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got my Droid Tuesday, 11/3/09, around 9:30am. I'm enjoying this phone more than any other smartphone that I've used so far, including any blackberry, winmo, and my iphone. The OS is fast, smooth, everything works great. I simply activated my phone, turned it on, it asked me if I had a google account. I signed in, and my gmail account, contacts with picture id, and google talk were set up in just a few minutes. The downside is that it doesn't sync with Outlook, no user manual or sync software included with the phone. You can drop and drag, and for ringtones, you need to create a folder, then drop and drag. There is no default video player, but you can get one from the Android Market. Actually, you can get almost anything there. You may find other things you'd expect to have on the phone by default, you have to get from the Market. So, it will take some time to get everything set up. I haven't used the camera yet, but everyone says it sucks lol. The keyboard is not the best, but it's useable. The touch screen keyboard is very good though.

Advertisement
  2. Jaxx10

Jaxx10 Well-Known Member

WHAT ?!?!? how did u get it so fast ?! ok ..i need ur hook up :D

3. TogaLive

TogaLive Well-Known Member

The phones arent hard to get ahead of time, infact you can pick em up off ebay quite easily. Also, dont forget verizon sent out about 10,000 of them to cellphone reviewers like CNET, PhoneDog, etc.

4. Droid2001

Droid2001 Active Member

I thought you could sync outlook with the droid...

5. briankeith513

Yes, but only if you use Exchange.

6. briankeith513

I am a part of the VZWCustomerCouncil. VZW sends us phones and apps to review, give feedback. So, yes, I'm fortunate. lol, got the shell/holster combo and privacy screen protector too. Other than the things I mentioned above, you will not be disappointed. Trust me( like the microsoft guy said to the Apple guy in the commercial, trust me) lol, just kidding, but the phone is awesome.

7. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

off topic for a second: what is the privacy screen? another name for a screen protector...?

8. briankeith513

It's a screen protector where it's purposely harder to see at angles, so others can't easily see your screen.

9. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

haha i dont know why but i find that funny something like that exists. it does sound like it could be pretty cool though

10. briankeith513

Just wanted to add that the Voice Search is sooo friggin awesome!

11. Jim_1234

Jim_1234 Active Member