my recent nightmareSupport

Last Updated:

1. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

tuesday morning i dropped my moment into a bucket of water w/bleach. i freaked. grabbed it out, pulled the battery and the card, and took a hair dryer to it. then i left for work and put it on the dash of my truck while i was working, hoping the heat would pull some of the moisture out. i posted my dilemna on my facebook and a friend recommended to put it in a ziplock bag with dry rice. but it was late and i was out of town on work, so i went to the rx and got a back of that 5 minute meal lipton bag pasta thing of rice. tried to get all the powder cheese out that i could and stuck my phone lovingly on top of the rice. sealed it up and prayed to the phone gods. next day, i stopped at a store and picked up some real rice. cleaned my phone with a computer wipe and put it in a fresh bag with the rice. left it on the dash in the rice all day, then left it overnight also. got up this morning and turned it on.

it works. the only glitch is my call button doesnt always work to answer calls and sometimes i randomly get sent to the call log page. which i think is a related problem. so anyway. yay me.

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

On the plus side, it's germ free and tasty.

Maybe the button problem will clear up with time. If not, I hope you have insurance.

3. Sphagnum

Sphagnum Well-Known Member

Great, now I'm hungry!

4. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

And now you have the only white Moment.