My reception still sucks and I'm in a major metro areaSupport

1. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Well-Known Member

I live in Atlanta and often I only get one or two bars. Is this just me or are other folks having problems with their VZN reception? I had an HTC Incredible prior to my Nexus and I never, and I mean never, had a problem with my reception.

Advertisement
  2. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

My gnexus was like that to when I first activated the phone. if you're into rooting and custom roms then you can have the ota update in a stock rom or custom rom now. If not the ota will happen this month i heard.
  3. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

My reception sucks compared to other phones, even in the store.
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

True that...
  5. TeamPlaya

TeamPlaya Member

I'm in the ATL as well and I have/had the same issue, one to two bars and a really high dbm. I decided to get rid of it and try the Galaxy Note, no ICS but a very great signal.
  6. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Lol....I did the same exact thing.
  7. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

I'm running a custom and my reception is awesome, I understand if you want stock and no root and etc. Just saying the ota and future radio updates will surely make the gnexus better and better.
  8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

No offense...But the VZW Galaxy Nexus signal issues are here to stay. There are no Future updates that can help a weak radio. If that was the case we would have seen an update pushed out. The phone has been available since Dec, its now March and we haven't heard a peep from Google, VZW, or Samsung...This is a common Android problem, and this particular problem here has been shoved under the carpet. They're already talking about Jellybean? Meanwhile they still have phones running on Gingerbread, and the one phone running on the newest OS (ICS) is suffering from signal issues and a few other minor issues on supposedly the nations largest and most reliable network. Really getting tired of this nonsense!
  9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Apparently you haven't tried any of the new radios.
  10. ZeroOne

ZeroOne Guest

yes the phones not perfect and has issues but i will accept these issues to a open bootloader the day of the locked bootloaders is over for me and others alike. No more encrypted bootloaders i am here for the unlockable bootloader
  11. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

moving thread to VZW Galaxy Nexus sub forum
    Reason: Thread is specific to the VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Thanks for understanding :)