My results from The Seidio 3500mAh HTC EVO batteryAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Goldenboi24k

Goldenboi24k Active Member This Topic's Starter

End of day one - 82% left

The day consisted of about 12 text messages,about an hour total of data usage (3G), and no voice calls. Screen has been on 0%, background data turn off, Auto Sync turned off,no live background, GPS,4G,BT,and WIFI turned off. Come back for Day 2 :)

End of day two - 41% left.

I talked on the phone for about 30mins total today. I used the wifi to chat for about 45 mins, but then turned if off when I was done. I exchanged about 22 text messages. I kept the same settings as in day 1. Usually I would use more data usage, but since I had the day off, I wasn't facebooking or texting every 5mins. This battery is amazing. Its doing a great job lasting through standby times. The biggest test will come Tuesday, when I goto Chicago, and leave 4G on the whole day :) Come back for DAY 3 RESULTS :)

End of day three - 13%

Moderate use for today. Wifi and everything else was off, including the settings in Day 1 and 2. I also had the screen on 0%. THIS BATTERY IS LEGIT!!!!!. Every EVO owner needs it. It makes it the perfect phone with the extended battery life. This phone lasted 80 hours (most of it standby). Any questions or comments are free. Thanks :)

Advertisement
    SmokinBiz likes this.
  2. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member

My 2nd day update using my 3500mah. I unplugged my phone at 8:00am used it lightly through out the day. Mainly took pictures. Went to bed and plugged in around 11:00 pm and I still had 80% battery left. With my 1500 mah I would of had a dead battery by 4:00 pm at the latest. I was almost hesitant on plugging the phone in to charge with still having 80% battery life showing since it's a new battery. I hope that was ok to do.....

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

It will be fine, I loved my 3500 in the Eris, have new back on order for dinc so I can use it again. Tough to kill it

4. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

I look forward to having this option on my Captivate, although I think I would prefer an in-between option (say 2400-2600mAh) if it were a bit thinner. Can you post pics of your Evo with that gigantic battery installed?

5. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

I dont understand why a lot of people do standby tests. A real test would be constant use.

6. Goldenboi24k

Goldenboi24k Active Member This Topic's Starter

Only charge the battery when it is under 10%, or u will kill the battery.

7. felixor

felixor Active Member

I'd love to get it but the bulkiness . . . *shivers*

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Not with Lithium Ion batteries.

9. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

x2

I have multiple OEM and Seidio extended batteries, and have charged them at varying status levels with no issues.

FWIW, I've found usually a 1:1 correlation with mAh rating and run time in all my extra batteries...e.g. if OEM battery is 1000mAh, and lasts 24hrs "my normal use", a 2000mAh battery will last 48hrs, etc. This also with heavy sling mobile use via 3G.

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Thats old school ni-cad thinking yo. Lith-ion can be charged whenever and in fact last longer with mulitple small charges over killing it then going to 100% repeat.

11. Drewman198

Drewman198 New Member

Well, actually It's not that bulky, It actually feels better when your holding it too.

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Holy thread mining man! but yes i agree I like the extra bulk

13. angldvl81

angldvl81 Well-Known Member

whats the charging time for this battery? i still have the standard battery and have considered getting the extended battery but was unsure of how long it would take to charge. plus i'm constantly on my phone all day (upwards of 200 texts/day or more, plus mobile data constantly playing games and on facebook) so if someone who has this battery could give me an estimate who has moderate to heavy usage i'd appreciate it.

14. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

I charge overnight while I sleep. I've found that a full charge trying to turn off/on in cycles simply didn't do enough to justify the effort. That said, I think it reaches full charge in about 3-4 hours.

Based on the use pattern you described, you should be able to get more than two days of use without ever dropping to 30%. I use mine way more than you, and I comfortably get two days of use. That said, I'm beginning to feel like 4G uses less battery than 3G for me because my 4G signal is pretty strong and doesn't seem like it drains as fast as 3G. My 3G signal is ok, but it's not full bars like 4G.