• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My review of Arkon sport armband for Note 2

twister6

Android Expert
Jul 30, 2010
With all the talk about cases and screen protectors, I decided to try something different. Here is my review of Sports Armband by Arkon I just got. I will do a short write up and let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

This armband case fits Note2 perfectly. As a matter of fact I had a clear TPU case on mine and still was able to fit it in without any problem. Top and bottom of the case has cutouts for easy access to usb connector and headphone jack. S-pen opening is covered, which is expected in this application. Access to power and volume buttons is very easy and clear. The touch screen control feels very responsive through the plastic cover - it works very smooth.

The case material itself is a typical neoprene, but feels like a better quality with strong stitching around the edge. Plastic cover definitely not a cheap material like I have seen on some knock offs. Armband itself has a lot of adjustable hooks to fit any arm. Also, it has an inside storage pocket to put some money and ID.

Overall a very decent armband case if you want to carry you phablet "in style" while exercising lol!!!

(no matter how many times I rotate this pic, it shows up by default flipped...)
arkon_armband_note2_1_zps8cf7773e.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_2_zpsc0872bc6.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_3_zpsee260e4e.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_4_zpsec10041a.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_5_zpscb9c97d1.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_6_zps64fed10b.jpg

arkon_armband_note2_7_zps1009fbd8.jpg

Reactions: Frisco and ren857
With all the talk about cases and screen protectors, I decided to try something different. Here is my review of Sports Armband by Arkon I just got. I will do a short write up and let the pictures do the rest of the talking.

thanks for this review!

I actually just got this yesterday, but haven't had much of a chance to use it for running. What I *DID* notice, though, was that the actual band around my arm was REALLY long.

I have this same Arkon armband for my S3, and this band is about 2 inches longer than Arkon's band for my S3.

Did you find this as well? I'm curious, as maybe I got a defect, or an "extra-large-for-Schwarzeneger" size.

Upvote 0
Once fully extended - it is longer, but its adjustable. From the side where you have a ring you can actually open a tab (that reflective little flap) and stick it closer to the ring thus shortening that distance. On the other side, where the long band comes from, if you look at the band itself - there are 2 velcro pads in the middle that you can fold/stick to shorten that side as well. As you can see from the pic, I don't have big guns, but was able to adjust it really well (while my wife was laughing and taking pictures of me lol!!!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones