my review of Pros/Cons of Galaxy SGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ogami_ito

ogami_ito Active Member This Topic's Starter

Everything that is not pretty about the Galaxy S

OK. This is going to sound like a post which bashes on the Galaxy S. In truth, this is the best phone I ever had and I like it. But its not perfect. Actually, except for one thing, my problems with the phone are related to the

Advertisement
  2. PhoenixFx

PhoenixFx Well-Known Member

I just tried my Nokia XM 5800's handsfree unit (which I belive is called AD-54) and it works perfectly. I can hear the other party and they can hear me. Obviously the buttons on it don't work , which is understandable; but the headset it self does. I can also use my own headset/earphone with the inline mic for making calls. If I'm not mistaken, N85 also uses a compatible connector, therefore I don't know why it didn't work for you, did it have a 4 segment 3.5mm jack with an inline mic (See the attached picture) ??.

Here is a picture of what I used:
    [​IMG]

3. ogami_ito

I'll try again today to try out different adapters. I sort of wanted to get away from using adapters. But at least I could listen to music without the adapter (unlike my 1st gen iphone). I really want to get a cheaper adapter though. The nokia's are expensive, and I would be paying for the circuitry (like the buttons / volume control) which I cannot use.

4. PhoenixFx

You can get one of those cheap Chinese knockoffs under 5 dollars on eBay, as for the hardware and wiring I don't think there is any difference, but quality on the other hand is a totally different story. But I guess as long as you use a pair of your own earphones it shouldn't matter much. However, you

5. ogami_ito

Funny thing is...I"m in China...and it's not so easy finding the ebay crap here.

6. PhoenixFx

LOL :D, howcome ?? they are all made there ! and majority of eBay sellers selling those Chinese products are from China too :confused:

BTW on a different note, With Nokia phones, when you plug-in a standard 3.5mm earphones without a mic, phone automatically starts using the built in mic of the phone but continues to output audio (calls and music) through connected earphones. I didn

7. ogami_ito

That's my point... the SGS does not have this feature.

8. nick5000

nick5000 Member

taobao.com