• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My S3 battery backup is not good and heating issue

Install Battery Monitor Widget by 3C from the play store. It will take some time to figure out how to configure it, but I like to run it with the "current" reading on top and "battery temperature" on the bottom. I'll try to get a screen shot up today of it in action.

This will give you concrete numbers for your battery temperature instead of just saying "it's warm"

Reactions: Iamshubham
Upvote 0
Install Battery Monitor Widget by 3C from the play store. It will take some time to figure out how to configure it, but I like to run it with the "current" reading on top and "battery temperature" on the bottom. I'll try to get a screen shot up today of it in action.

This will give you concrete numbers for your battery temperature instead of just saying "it's warm"
Thanks for the reply :D

Upvote 0
Here's the screenshot. When charging the top number will turn green, and can go up to 2900+ mA with the fast charge (applies to Note 4 and other QC 2.0 phones), but is usually lower than that with the screen on. I think the S3 can get up to 1000mA, perhaps a little more. It will help judge how fast your charger is capable of charging. Also, tapping on the widget can be assigned to a particular task.

HLSNzDS.jpg

EDIT:

I wrote discharge rate on the picture, but to be a rate implies time. This does not tell you an actual rate, it just shows the current through the battery at any given time. If it were to maintain that current for 1 hour, it would be discharging at a rate of 1071mA/h...if it was green and showed 1000mA, it would be charging at a rate of 1000mA/h

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use the same widget only I have the top line on mine set to show % change per hour. I find that to be more accurate as I can be playing a game and exit and it will show -30% and if my battery is at 60% I know can play that game for 2 hours.

Another good app (that I also have installed) is Gsam battery monitor. It breaks down which apps are using your battery.

Reactions: Iamshubham
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones