1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

My S4General

1. windpiper

windpiper New Member

its been a bit over a month now since I bought my S4 this happen about 3 times now on the road. When I try to make a call it gives me a error of ( network not registered ) so I restarted it it was fine. I went to the tmobile store were I bought it and they say restart the S4 every other day, is this right ? You spend $600 on a phone and have to reboot it every other day, that sucks. I thought this was the next thing to have.

Maybe I should of went to the HTC ONE ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. BDP3300

BDP3300 Active Member

Reboot every other day?

That reminds me. I haven't checked out the stock recovery on this thing yet.
  3. WalkaboutDavid

WalkaboutDavid Well-Known Member

It is not unsual at all for smartphones to benefit from occasional reboots - just like any computer. I try to make sure I power down at least once every few days.

The problem you are having though seems unusual to me, and is beyond what I would normally expect with a smartphone.

I used to have similar issues with my Verizon Motorola Droid 3 all the time. I eventually had to do a factory reset, and then restore everything from scratch. That solved the problem.

So, my overall impression is that the response you got from Tmobile is not sufficient. I think there is something else going on.

And, I don't believe the problem would be better or worse than the HTC One.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

The problem has nothing to do with rebooting. The guys at TMobile know zilch about phones, but they were once told to tell customers to reboot smartphones in case of issues, so they recommend that solution to every single problem now. The problem is either with the network, or most probably with your SIM.
  5. fronting

fronting Member

check your mobile network settings