My Samsung Galaxy isn't getting detected when connected to computer.Support

Last Updated:

1. powerpravin

powerpravin New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know whether this is right place to post this or not.

I have Samsung Galaxy5 i5801. When I connect it to my PC with USB cable, Samsung Kies just shows status of "Connecting the devide..." but nothing happens thereafter even after waiting till eternity. Phone also doesn't show notification of connection with PC. So the only use of USB cable for me now is to charge phone's battery
    Things were working fine till last week. But don't know what's happening now.:confused:

Somebody please help.

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I've moved your post here for better exposure to other Galaxy S users.

3. Samonoske

Samonoske New Member

I also have this problem i use a mac so i can't get kies, but my phone doesn't get detected by the mac at all and i receive no notification that the usb has connected on my phone. It still recharges the phone, but that is all. It was working fine yesterday so I don't know why it would be doing this, I have changed the settings like turning on usb debugging and turning it off and changing usb settings but no luck if anyone can help please reply

4. Samonoske

Samonoske New Member

Okay, well I solved my problem by doing a factory data reset (via Settings->Privacy->Factory Data reset). Something got corrupted I guess. works fine now

5. powerpravin

After factory reset, it worked for a couple of time. Then again stuck.:confused:

6. AManansala

AManansala Member

try this: (this worked on my Samsung Captivate i897 running Android 2.1update1, before this I could connect to the network, Kies mini (US) would not recognize the firmware. Did this and it worked.

Settings/Applications/Manage Applications

Menu button/Filter/All

scroll through to Device Management/Storage/Clear Data

Once I did this I powered off the phone and connected it to my computer (win 7 64 bit), Kies mini updated so I rebooted once again and it worked.

Hope this works for you.

7. powerpravin

I tried this a couple of times. No improvement observed.:(

8. iggy-p

iggy-p Member

Umm I'm also getting this problem , have received a replacement phone from Orange and it was OK for a couple of times then back to being really reluctant to connect !! its driving me crazy

9. ashleeh

ashleeh New Member

I have a samsung galaxy S, and its a piece of sh**. When the update came out, it decided to crash and wipe my whole phone, i then connected it back to kies and it refixed it self. After that day NONE of my computers/Laptops recognise the phone. I've restorted it too factory settings, been through everything, brought a SD card, uninstalled, reinstalled kies and nothing is working....

Im blaming it on the stupid update they did that samsung call centre workers laughed at. I rang them to tell them my phone had gone crazy and if they could help me fix it, instead he sat there laughing at me saying how stupid i was for installing the update.

I hate this phone and telling everyone not to get 1. Worst phone out.

But if anyone has any clues or ideas as to how to get my laptop/computer to recognise my phone, PLEASE HELP. Ive tried everything and giving up and about to put the phone to the back of the cupboard.

10. ashleeh

ashleeh New Member

I've restored 3 times and still nothing.

Dont restore unless its a major issue aka, lagging/wont turn on/off/No display/cant use internet/cant access applications. My phone wont turn on, just stays as a black screen for hours then decides to turn on to only lag and make me have to turn it off again to do the same procedure.

11. proud2bdesi

proud2bdesi New Member

I kept trying this..and it eventually worked. (Maybe after 15th time...)

- Connect the USB and start KIES mode, then disconnect it by pressing home key if it didnt recognize.
    - Connect it again in KIES mode...disconnect if it didnt recognize.
    Kept doing it until it FINALLY recognized. Got Lucky !!

So, Samsung and Kies SUCK !!

12. steve9258

steve9258 New Member

After reading this I think I'll take the phone back and they can give me something else

13. dubec

dubec New Member

Doesn't doing that reset all the data on your phone? :confused: