• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Samsung Galaxy S Won't Start Up! HELP!!!

kartik2

Lurker
Sep 21, 2010
My Samsung Galaxy S won't fully start up. I take the battery out and start it and it goes through the starting up phase with the spirals and what not and then the screen says Galaxy S then the phone either just shuts off by itself or the screen is black but the bottom two touch buttons are lit up. Ive tried to do the reset on it by holding the Up volume, home button and power button but that doesnt seem to work either. Thanks sooo much!!

I had the exact same problem after installing Launcher Pro....factory reset fixed it.

Only thing I'd say is that if you keep hold of the buttons while it's booting up, it doesn't enter the reset menu it just keeps rebooting as you're unintentionally selecting the first option on the menu which is reboot....soon as the white Galaxy S text pops up...let go of the buttons

;-)

Silly thing but I did it for ages...trying to work out wtf was going on..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones