• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My samsung i5801 - Wi Fi connection suddenly not working

I enjoyed browsing very fast from my home computer until last few days using WiFi. I could even able to browse in sitting at my open terrace. While traveling in Chennai roads too there was lot of wi-fi services connected to my mobile. But for the past two days it was dead and not connecting to. It just blinks green and goes off. I could not figure it out where the knot is. While connecting to "Add WiFi network" it asks for
1. "Net work SSID" square box. And I do not know what to type there.
2. Security.... what to type?
3. Wireless password...that i know XXXXX
It says "unable to scan networks"....

Why?
It was all good for the past two weeks. Now only the issue arises.
Is it of BSNL (my service provider) side issue or my side?

Hey Dude,
Even i had the same problem i dont know why but the solution is to reset ur phone to factory setting.
Do the following but this will delete ur contacts and mesages,but u can back them up with kies and copy back:
Go to settings-privacy-factory reset,after resetting ur wi-fi shud be fine!!!!!!!!;)
And which type of wi-fi do u connect, i am not able to connect to my college WPA/WPA2 password protected wi-fi network,i guess they use tata indicom,
My phone scans, i get the network ,i key in the password then it displays obtaining IP address but then after 1 min it shows unsuccessful,does galaxy 3 does not support WPA/WPA2 network or is it my phones problem or my phone does not support my colleg's wi-fi
I have never connected to a wi-fi network before!!!!1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones