My Samsung Kies wont update my firmwareGeneral

1. noodlebbb

noodlebbb New Member

I just download the Samsung Kies software today and the version is the latest version. My phone is GT-I9000 and I need to update the firmware version from 2.1 to 2.2 so the skype app will work!!

please help, here is a screenshot of the Kies

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. steeharry

steeharry Active Member

you might want to hide your phone number.
  3. noodlebbb

noodlebbb New Member

Thanks for reminding but can anybody help?
  4. homey

homey Well-Known Member

My daughters Galaxy S had this problems recently. Spent ages trying to work out why hers did it while mine updated perfectly. In the end, I just downloaded the 2.3.3 firmware and updated using Odin. Took about 7 mins and I wished I'd done this first instead of messing about for hours trying to figure it out!
  5. EAllen

EAllen New Member

So how do you download the 2.3.3 firmware? I can't get the phone to update. All it does when I try is says, "Communication in progress" and that's it. It says that until I exit the update page,window. let me know how you did it to your daughters if hers wouldn't let you update. Please respond, or somebody...
  6. homey

homey Well-Known Member

Go to News - www.SamFirmware.com and make sure that you download the correct version of firmware for your phone. You should be ableto find 2.3.3 there.:)
  7. liberatoruk

liberatoruk New Member

FOP is a Spanish country code, check with yr operator for official release. Gingerbread 2.3.4 due Q3.
  8. rpjd

rpjd Member

Don't know if this issue has been resolved or not, I'm trying to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 using KIES. Problem I found and Samsung has acknowledged is that the firmware upgrade process is causing KIES to crash. Hopefully the fault will be rectified asap.
  9. LateNiteMike

LateNiteMike Well-Known Member

Having read many postings regarding Kies and the many tales of frustrations relating to it.....I decided not to try and use it.
    I have a box stock SGS and I was still stuck with 2.1 (Eclair) and I had read that 2.2.1 was a 'good' firmware upgrade.
    Luckily, I knew a Samsung tech, so I asked him about the whole thing of upgrading. He suggested I skip right over 2.2.1 and go to 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) and NOT to use Kies to do it.
    He offered to do the upgrade for me.....and I quickly accepted the offer. He used ODIN,.....and it took less than 5 minutes. My SGS is now SO SMOOTH and FAST....it's great!
    I am very pleased with 2.3.3 and my activites with my SGS are so much more enjoyable. I highly reccomend it to anyone considering a firmware upgrade. :D:D:D
    Unfortunately, my GPS issue is still an issue....much to my frustration. :mad: I was really hoping that this upgrade would fix that GPS issue once and fro all.....but it seems not....it's still pretty sad. :(
  10. rpjd

rpjd Member

I'm based in Ireland where Gingerbread has not as yet been officially released to mobile operators and have been told that my phone can be upgrade to Froyo by PhoneMenders, the local support shop for O2. Someone I know has upgraded his Galaxy S I-9000 himself to Gingerbread but also upgraded the Kernel, ROM and a few other things. He downloaded a benchmarking tool to clock his phone speed, its twice as fast as it originally was, and faster than all other phone makes/models, phenomenal speed.