• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my samsung makes its own empty music playlists

klankungen

Lurker
Apr 4, 2015
I have a problem with my samsung galaxu note 3. Ever since google installed play music my device makes its own empty music playlists. Very anoying when I have to search for my 10 playlists in the midle of 200 empty playlists. I don't know if play music is causing this or not and google is not alowing me to uninstal it to test. Do any one know a way to know for sure. Might I be infected with a virus? Have had the problem for a year soon and never found a solution even on google. Please help!

As I have developed New Playlist Manager app, I have some experience with playlists. It sounds to me that some music app is creating playlists. I doubt if it is Google Play Music. Can you post the playlist names as this may give a clue.
Trying to understand the problem, export your real playlists as .m3u playlists and then delete all playlists. My app allows you to do both in a few simple moves. Launch your music app and check if you have new playlists. If not, reboot and check if you have additional playlists.
In terms of behaviour, do additional playlists appear when you launch (have launched) the music player? or do they seem to appear from nowhere?. Which other music players do you use?
Further details can be found in my avatar as I am not allowed to advertise my app.

Reactions: klankungen
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones