My Samsung Moment W/ Google won't turn all the way on :(

1. twiggyismyname

twiggyismyname New Member

I have the Samsung Moment with Google and it starts to turn on, does the first Samsung, then shows the yellow flower Sprint symbol and the second Samsung shows up and sticks.. Won't finish turning on... In order to shut it off, I have to take the battery out and back in again... Never finishes turning on....
    I tried another persons phone, same phone, used his battery and it worked fine in both phones... His turned on and mine didn't...

What could the problem be?

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

What you describe sounds like a possible hardware or ROM issue. How old is the phone? You might want to contact your carrier to see if they can exchange the phone...
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

You're stuck at the bootanimation. You probably should take the phone back to the carrier if it's under warranty. If not, try a factory data reset.

Follow these steps:

With the phone off:

1) Press the power button AND the home button at the same time
    2) When you see the initial logo, take your hands off the buttons and you should see this: /!\
    3) Now press the search button
    4) You'll get 4 options. Using the volume rocker, scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset"
    5) Press the camera button.

Your phone will wipe and start afresh. You should be good as new. Good luck.

Steven