• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Samsung Tab 2 10.1 is not working because of fastboot.

Hi, so I was trying to clear a device with a password I had forgotten. I entered fastboot mode on my samsung tab 2, selected wipe/factory reset, and clicked enter. Then after it was done, I clicked reboot. The device shut down and did not reboot. I then turned it on, and it came back to fastboot mode, even though I did not hold the power button down. I have kept turning the tab on and off, but every single time, it comes to fastboot mode. I can also not connect it to my computer because it does not recognize it. Can someone help? Thanks.

I have found a thread that may or may not help you. There are probably 50 different variations on the GT-5113TS. Unfortunatetly it looks like there was never an official firmware release. If you want to revive your Tab it is going to take unofficial sources.:p:D

See if you can find your region in this list.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1704668

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May i cut in please, not to be intruding on the assistance but may i suggest one thing before he continues, if i may suggest,had a gt p5113ts,try the recovery buttons again and right when it gets to the screen with the little android guy,let the bottons go and then quickly press them again,you can try repeatedly pressing them as well,and might have to try it a coule of times and with a good charge but the recovery options should appear eventually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones