my screen cracked - how can i access my data with a screenlockSupport

Last Updated:

1. srolley

srolley New Member

My Sony xperia z1 recently got a screen crack and now won't accept any commands on the screen. I have photos id like to retrieve and I know Sony will wipe the phone when I send it to them. I don't have Google picks sync enabled so I can't get them from the cloud. Is there anyway of accessing my phone to retrieve my picks before I send my phone off for repair??

DirtyDee likes this.
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

There's not much you can do if the screen is locked, sorry :(

Do you have usb debugging enabled?
  3. kendelrk

kendelrk Member

Can you not just plug the phone in and connect it to the computer? pictures would be in internal storage>DCIM>100ANDRO
  4. El Presidente

The handset won't let you access anything via a PC unless it's been unlocked first.

You used to be able to do that, but I think it was changed in 4.1.
  5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Well-Known Member Contributor

Other than push and pull via adb I don't think so
  6. kendelrk

kendelrk Member

Thanks for the reminder, i haven't used a screen lock since i was on 2.3, so i have no idea what is possible in that department. what if the OP called his phone from say his house phone? would it momentarily unlock the phone and allow files to be pulled?
  7. El Presidente

I'm not entirely sure that would work either.

I have a very vague recollection of a similar exploit/bug being talked about on a Samsung handset a while back and I think it's been patched/fixed.

I could be way off the mark with that one though, so I don't suppose there's any harm giving it a go at this point.