My screen doesn't turn onSupport

Last Updated:

1. jioi3

jioi3 Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 24, 2010
    I just got a new droid through insurance today but when I turn my phone on, my screen won't even come on. The keyboard lights up and I can press all the buttons (the volume button makes the sounds and everything) but the screen stays black (doesn't even light up). Does this mean my phone is defective?

2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I would try pulling the battery, waiting a minute or two and putting it back in and restarting. Pay attention when you turn it back on and see if you get the Motorola M and/or the the boot animation. If you don't get either of those, then I would deduce that the phone is faulty and return it. If you do see the logo(s) and still don't get the display, then try a factory reset before sending it back. Power the phone completely down and open the keyboard (since you can't see what you are doing you'll have to do another battery pull to power down.) Press and hold the X key on the keyboard while powering up the phone until you get a triangle icon on the screen (you don't have to hold the power button the whole time.) Let go of the X key and press the volume up key and the camera button at the same time. This should bring you to a menu. Use the D-pad to navigate to the factory reset option and follow the instructions. If that doesn't work, send it back.