My screen went black for no reason & won't turn back on?

1. kaycott88

kaycott88 New Member

I have an HTC Evo Shift. I turned down my brightness & then got a text. I answered the text then locked my screen. I tried to unlock it and it just would not turn back on. The start-up screen came on but as soon as the "4g" thing came on about to go to the lock screen, the screen dimmed out & turned black. I've tried everything & i don't know how to fix it. PLEASE HELP?!

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, Kay!

So what yu are saying is that when you press the power button you get the unlock screen, but the screen doesn't respond? Or that when the screen goes dark, nothing will wake it up?

The first thing I'd try is to remove the battery for a few seconds and then replace it and turn the phone back on.

If that doesn't fix it, you might have a bad power button or a failed screen. Perhaps the folks in HTC EVO Shift 4G - Android Forums have more insight into your dilemma. Good Luck!
  3. kaycott88

kaycott88 New Member

I can hear my phone vibrate and make noises when I get a text. But the screen is black & unresponsive. However, the bottom 4 buttons are still lit up.
  4. steadyhndz

steadyhndz Active Member

having the same problem, apparently stinky got it to work for kayscott