My screen won't rotateSupport

Last Updated:

1. MCEmily

MCEmily Active Member

Hi all

Just got my lovely new phone today but I can't get all the screens to rotate. The box that says 'Auto-rotate screen' is checked but, on some screens, nothing's happening. What am I doing wrong? Or does it only do it on certain screens? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Meph

Meph Member

Which screens? It wont do it on the menu or home screens, there's a couple of others too that I've forgotten, stuff like web browsers, messages, email and most apps should though.
    MCEmily likes this.
  3. MCEmily

MCEmily Active Member

OK, that's great. Thank you so much for your lightning-fast reply!!
  4. Meph

Meph Member

Np, if you do want the menu and home screens to rotate then try LauncherPro, although if you've only had the phone a few hours it'd probably be best to leave it for a while and get used to it first.
  5. adam_hilluk

adam_hilluk Well-Known Member

If photos don't rotate... turn it off and on again
  6. Landrew

Landrew Active Member

I tried LauncherPro, but it was devastating to battery life, no matter how I played with the settings. I uninstalled it and battery consumption went back to normal.

Does anyone else know another way to rotate the home screen? I have a cradle in my car which only holds it horizontally, and I'd like to be able to read it without turning my head sideways.
    Thanks
  7. carolkidd

carolkidd New Member

Mine won't rotate either. My husbands does. Iif he goes on youtube, it rotates and the pic goes full screen. I have rotate checked. I've compared his settings to mine and they are the same. Anyone have any clues?