My Seidio Innocase II Surface reviewAccessories

Last Updated:

1. vide infra

vide infra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Case looks good, feels good, doesn't add too much bulk. Is what I (and some others) call a "lay on the table design, meaning you can lay the phone face down and the lip created by the case prevents the screen from touching the table. A definite plus is that the camera no longer rests when the phone is backside down.

Onto the bad: at least for me the case is creaky. It almost feels ever so slightly too big. Just enough so it has some play. Kind of annoying in my book. I know it's a two piece design but for the price of the case I would expect it to feel a bit more sturdy.

I love the soft rubbery feel of the case, feels nice in the hand, It has scuffed a few times but they are easily removed by just rubbing the scuff. I barely have nails but I still don't have a hard time popping out the kickstand.

To me the biggest flaw is the creakiness, and the fact it feels like it wiggles when holding the phone tight.

overall i would say 3/5 stars.

I have also purchased a Seidio 1750mah battery which I will post my findings about when I break it in and a Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition which will also get a review when it arrives.

Here are a couple pics I took of it on the phone. Let me know if you want a shot of any specific angles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    Delvorak likes this.
  2. Delvorak

Delvorak Member

I'm using the Best Buy Platinum case, which is just the rebranded Seido, and I agree with you, the only downside to the case is that it's just slightly too "loose", which causes some creaking. It's not enough to make me regret buying it, or to make me stop using it, but I do expect better from Seido...

edit: Not sure, but did they have to make it looser so it would fit over the camera when you slide it on? If so, is the design of the case worth it (easier to put on/more secure?)? As opposed to a 2 piece front/back design?

3. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I'll third the creakiness. It's like it's a hair too big all around. When I'm pressing on things I feel like the screen is moving when it's just the case pushing in. I've owned a few innocases and this is definitely the worst one when it comes to overall fit.

I'm actually regretting it for the price I paid for it, and am thinking of returning it, which is a shame. Going to try the snap type case. It's a little less protection, but it seems like a nicer fit for a fraction of the price.

4. geek_riot

geek_riot Member

Sorry to be off topic, but what widget are you using to show status on your home screen?

5. gt33

gt33 Well-Known Member

I also have the creakiness. I sent an RMA request, hopefully they have fixed the problem.

6. vide infra

MiniInfo

7. vide infra

update- i hate it and took it off my phone. the creakiness and overall loose fit is driving me nuts.

i hope my Seidio Innocase Active Case Limited Edition (what a long name) is better than this thing. I can't stand using it. If the active case LE is crap like this i definitley wont be buying their cases anymore

8. Danduhman.ds

Danduhman.ds Well-Known Member

9. Ooteschoogen

Ooteschoogen Member

They replaced my first case and the one they sent me is just as bad as the first. I'll be curious to see how the Active case LE works out.

10. erikivy

erikivy Well-Known Member

I'm late to the party, but have to agree with the comments on the looseness. I have a full-body Ghost Armor kit coming soon and am cautiously optimistic that it will take up some of that excess space, thereby making the fit a little tighter. If that doesn't do the trick, I remember someone posting that they adhered some felt in strategic spots inside the case to help make the fit a bit tighter. I'll give that a shot and see how it does.