My self-introduction

Last Updated:

1. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

Hello all,

This is Shengxin. I am with Java for over 12 years starting from JDK 1.2. I love the open-source products/ideas introduced by Sun Microsystems. However, Sun did not survive well and they didn't make a lot of profits from Java products.

I am a newbie Android developer. Being able to develop Android apps in Java allows me to learn Android SDK pretty fast, I found my knowledge of Swing, Thread and Networking in Java helps a lot.

Recently I published my first app "Secret Locker" on Android Market at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.shengxin.keepsecret. Although so far the number of downloads is shameful, I still feel fruitful because I can do in Android!

I can see the trend that smart phones and tablets will play more and more important roles. I'd like to share my success and failures with others here.

Advertisement
  2. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Hello Shengxin and welcome to Android Forums. Nice to hear you were with Java and are making android apps. You've come to the right place, for we have many great and knowledgeable members here how would be glad to share what they know with you.
    If you would like to promote your app, then come check out our apps section here. Android Applications I hope you have a good time here at AF and if you need any help please feel free to ask. Enjoy the forums.:)
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, Shengxin. We have very strict policies here about announcing new apps. All developers should post new apps in the market in Application Announcements - Android Forums. Posting in other forums is considered spamming and will be summarily deleted. Too much of that will revoke your posting privileges.

We welcome developers who have come to help and contribute to the forums, but you must participate. If you are here only to promote yourself, you should reconsider your involvement in Android Forums.

Thank you and enjoy the community.
    Metroid Prime likes this.
  5. Shengxin

Shengxin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reminder. I will participate to help and contribute to the forums. I've already replied three questions posted by others in the last two days.

So far I enjoy the forums a lot. They are very active and informational.

Shengxin
  6. Sakkerz

Sakkerz New Member

Welcome