• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My SGSII - I'll test anything on it!

dynomot

Android Expert
Dec 4, 2011
Sheffield U.K
After sitting wrapped up waiting to be loved by someone else. I've decided to do just about anything to it rooting wise, running scripts, testing ROMs, dual booting you name it.

I won't kill it on purpose by doing something insane like over clocking to the nth degree to see what happens (it will fry). I will take sensible ideas, see if I can make things work you might not want to risk etc.

My intention is try stuff for you lot first. I'll run suggested ROMs and Kernels for a couple of days and let you know how I fare.

I'll start with the first (sensible, in my opinion) suggestion and go from there, remember it's my phone and my time. The advantage for me is a steep learning curve, the advantage for the forum is you have a willing guniea pig.

After sitting wrapped up waiting to be loved by someone else. I've decided to do just about anything to it rooting wise, running scripts, testing ROMs, dual booting you name it.

I won't kill it on purpose by doing something insane like over clocking to the nth degree to see what happens (it will fry). I will take sensible ideas, see if I can make things work you might not want to risk etc.

My intention is try stuff for you lot first. I'll run suggested ROMs and Kernels for a couple of days and let you know how I fare.

I'll start with the first (sensible, in my opinion) suggestion and go from there, remember it's my phone and my time. The advantage for me is a steep learning curve, the advantage for the forum is you have a willing guniea pig.

watch it dyno, i'll get the stunt sloth union onto you

good call though fella, i like ur style

Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0

Ok Squinty. :) I should have time tonight to set it all up.

I'll follow the opening post from your link from XDA to the letter, and use my O2 pay as you talk SIM in my SGS2 and use it as my main device with my SGSIII taking a back seat. Those that call me I'll tell to use my "alternative" number, and I'll report back when I've installed everything on how easy/difficult it was, and after the weekend with any problems I've had. I'll test as much as I can.

Reactions: Squinty13
Upvote 0
Thank you for being a willing guinea pig whilst it lasted. Glad to see you've managed to sell it.

With regards to JKay, it is listed as Jellybean on latest 14.9 version.

[I9300][I9100][APP][JB][ICS] JKay Deluxe Settings v14.9 - Jan 27rd

Wasn't sure if installing the JKAY deluxe framework would mess anything up on Neatrom. Never mind. My phone is working really well so I think I'll stick to stuff Sale does specifically for this rom, just to be safe.

Upvote 0
Thank you for being a willing guinea pig whilst it lasted. Glad to see you've managed to sell it.

With regards to JKay, it is listed as Jellybean on latest 14.9 version.

[I9300][I9100][APP][JB][ICS] JKay Deluxe Settings v14.9 - Jan 27rd

Wasn't sure if installing the JKAY deluxe framework would mess anything up on Neatrom. Never mind. My phone is working really well so I think I'll stick to stuff Sale does specifically for this rom, just to be safe.

I had Jkay working great on NeatRom, but it was ICS and not JB (XWLPX -NeatROM). Jkay doesn't have a version for SGSII JellyBean of any sort yet.

Upvote 0
This is cheap excuse dyno;) I think you just got scared with thought what some of lads here could come up with in terms of "testing" your gs2:D

En contraire mon ami. :D I'm off to Florida at the end of the month. I have a nine and a four year old who wish to make the Disney Corporation even richer at my expense (mind you Dad is not adverse either - I can't wait ;) :D) So it had to go with the first half decent offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones