• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My sister's new droid has a better screen

Amaroth

Android Enthusiast
Nov 5, 2009
Hilo, HI
I bought the droid the day it came out but had to exchange it twice since then. I exchnaged them both at best buy, latest one I think I got in november or december.
Anywho my sister just bought a brand new droid from a Verizon store and when I compared the 2 I noticed hers had a much more vibrant screen. Like her colors were more colorful compared to mine which seemed lighter and washed out. She thinks I am way too obsessed but i'm wondering if they started using better screens or something on newer models and never told anybody. Or maybe my screen is just getting old already?
Also noticed her phone is very nice and sturdy. My first droid was like this, but it got dust in the screen and that is why I had to exchange it.
I put both of our screens on the same brightness setting and I could tell her darks were darker and colors more brighter and rich. especially in the apps drawer.

I bought the droid the day it came out but had to exchange it twice since then. I exchnaged them both at best buy, latest one I think I got in november or december.
Anywho my sister just bought a brand new droid from a Verizon store and when I compared the 2 I noticed hers had a much more vibrant screen. Like her colors were more colorful compared to mine which seemed lighter and washed out. She thinks I am way too obsessed but i'm wondering if they started using better screens or something on newer models and never told anybody. Or maybe my screen is just getting old already?
Also noticed her phone is very nice and sturdy. My first droid was like this, but it got dust in the screen and that is why I had to exchange it.
I put both of our screens on the same brightness setting and I could tell her darks were darker and colors more brighter and rich. especially in the apps drawer.

Not for nothing, but I think your hallucinating. ;)

Upvote 0

And you're sure that the brightness level is not higher on her's then yours?

Upvote 0
i can vouch for the fact that the OP is not paranoid because i also have the same situation, albeit reversed. funny thing is that this involves MY sister too lol.

but anyway, my phone is the one that has the more vibrant colors compared to my sisters. my blacks are "truer" black and my brightness and contrast more vibrant compared to my sisters where her blacks are grayer in color, like washed out and her brightness is not as bright as mine (compared on the same brightness level of course)

also, HER phone is the one that's much sturdier than mine. her keyboard slides out much better, even with the plastic removed from the back. compared to mine, which slides out like its greased with oil. also she doesn't have the "clicky gap" thing on the corners. AND she has the bubbly keyboard. needless to say, i was jealous. the colors thing doesn't make up for it though. not at all.

and i only noticed this when i held her phone side by side with mine because i was rooting her phone and had to check something on my phone. its most noticeable on black screens like the settings menus.

Upvote 0
My sisters 49/09 has a flat keyboard. I'm starting to think the numbers under the battery doesn't mean anything at all in terms of build quality. I really can't say for sure and I don't think anybody can right now. All I know is her screen has noticable increase in quality over mine. I just wonder if my screen was that way at one time and it just wears out in a few months?? I highly doubt that though..

Upvote 0
I have the same situation going on as well. My screen is also visibly more vibrant than the screen on my sister's droid. It also seems like I got the better phone overall because her droid is a bit quirky with force closing as well. and the vibrancy can be compared at all different brightness levels with the same result. I guess so droids "do" just a little bit more than others.

Upvote 0
Its not like its any different from someone analyzing their car. Being ocd about a phone isn't any different. They are so expensive, and if one device works a little better than another people will see it. I mean us as buyers are not stupid. Anyway its not like I'm not happy with my droid. Are you kidding me? I couldn't breathe without this thing!!

Upvote 0
I just got a warrenty replacement my old one totally skitzed out. The new one is a 1/10 it has a totally flat keypad. The one I got on launch day had a bubbely one. The screen on this one does feel a lot slicker then the last one as well. My lasy one when the brightness was set to auto would go dimmer and lighter constantly even if the light didn't change in the room. I had to set it to 0% or it would suck my bttry. I am beginning to think motorola forced this out just a tad early . But I love the phone when it works right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones