My SMS Workaround Keeps "Unfixing" the Sleep Issue

Last Updated:

1. clifton421

clifton421 New Member This Topic's Starter

OK, I have hard reset and done the sms workaround twice. Both times it worked for about 2 days (I was averaging about 10% wake time) and then it just stopped working (the wake time percentage just started climbing and when I soft reset it was at 100% from then on). Anyone else have this problem with the workaround and does anyone have a "workaround" for the workaround, lol

Advertisement
  2. rebs

rebs Member

Yes numerous people do.

I did a factory reset + "the fix" and it worked for 24 hours. I didn't install any other 3rd party applications (other then Handcent for the fix). After the voicemail update, the fix died. The wake lock issue is ok, but I was back to 100% awake time.

Although some people have had success on a permanent basis, numerous people have the same complaints as us (and there's no 3rd party app to blame). /sigh

The most disappointing thing is that evidently this has been an issue for over 6 months (since the Hero and Sense UI is overseas).

3. Syphon

Syphon Well-Known Member

I am running at about 14% on mine and I applied the fix 7 days ago using Handcent.

4. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

I applied the fix back around the 13th or 14th when it was first discovered and it's worked ever since.