My speaker phone ECHOES. Replaced the BHII after 24 hours. one week later, IT'S BACK.

Last Updated:

1. Fishfan

Fishfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is this software problem or possibly something in the settings that is solvable?

I am sick of having to return phones and download and customize for hours again.

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Doesn't that have to do with your sim card?

3. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

It a Data connection due to service, Not the Phone... It's a Provider problem if more than one phone is doing it..

I get echo if I'm in a bad spot..

4. Fishfan

I'm sorry if I didn't elaborate. I'm not getting it, the person on the other line is. (Only on Speaker)

5. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

Oh, lol....

That's nothing to due with your Phone or service... That's on there end :D

6. Fishfan

Nah, its on every call with every person.:(

7. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Every person? So that means every person you talk to uses speaker? I can't see how that has anything to do with you to be honest. If they're hearing an echo, it's on their end. Especially if this is your second phone.

Go to a TMo store and have them give you a new SIM card if you still think it's on your end. Sometimes that fixes data/voice issues.

8. Fishfan

Every person that I put on speaker hears themself talk. Doesn't sound like a sim problem, but is it?

9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Oh I gotcha... that's pretty common. I'm not sure if that's a SIM problem or a hardware problem, but like I said, it's weird that it's happening on 2 phones. Have you taken it into a TMo store?

I'm sorry I don't have any information for ya... but that would be annoying.

10. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

In my experience this problem is most often caused at the end where the speakerphone is being used.

In this phones case, considering the fact that the speaker on the back of the phone is about an inch away from the microphone it is not too suprising that people on the other end can hear themselves.

Depending on the placement of the phone and the environment you are using the speakerphone in, it may be more noticeable, ie., small rooms, small automobile, cubicle with hard walls and desk which can bounce the sound from the speaker right back to the mic.

Try turning the volume to the minimum level where you can still hear them clearly and avoid having the back of the phone pointed towards a hard, sound reflective surface if possible, for example lay the phone screen down on the table instead of screen up if possible.

If you haven't already tried this and decide to let us know how it turns out.

11. haha

haha New Member

having same issue. seems like sprint users hear it more on there end. i uninstalled the mabilo app or other ringtone apps and no longer have issues (other person no longer complains)

let me know if it works.

12. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me only one time so I will have to try and duplicate it. When I call someone and then put them on speaker the person on the other end hears their own voice echo.

13. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

My speaker goes out sometimes and I have to restart the phone to make the volume loud on my phone again. I also have the echo problem when I put people on speaker. It definitely has to do with the mic and speaker being so damn close to each other...ugh.

14. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a common problem with speaker phones especially when the speaker and mic are so close. It's what made me buy a bluetooth finally.

15. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

My fiancee's phone is doing the exact same thing. When she puts me on speaker I can hear myself and it is VERY loud. It didn't do it all till the update was installed and now it is happening. She has mobilo and ringtone installed so I will remove those and see if that fixes the problem. Also even when she lowers the volume down it still happens and it is very loud!

If removing the apps do not work then I will do a hard reset on her phone and take it back to factory to see if it goes away.

16. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member

Ok I removed mobilo and ringtone from my fiancee's phone and the echo is gone!!! Now here is the thing she has mobilo on her phone prior to the OTA update and there were no issues. After the update the issue presented itself, so we are going t put mobilo back on and try it again. I'll have the updates in a few days, cause I will likely forget about it. But as of right now removing mobilo stopped the echo issue, and I am reporting that to mobilos creators as well.