My Sprint HTC Hero appears to be dead--is it?Support

Last Updated:

1. mrkube

mrkube New Member This Topic's Starter

Last thing I did was send a text last night. Next time I tried to use the phone, The HTC screen with white background appeared and then turns back off. All that is happening is HTC Screen>Vibrate>Off . I tried the hard reset, home+back+power, clearing...but no luck. The Sprint store was of no help, telling me to call customer service. There was another lady there with the same phone with apparently the same issue. I think my phone is toast, but with the long weekend I'd like to try getting this thing back up and running.

Also not, the phone was upgraded to 2.1 about a month ago. Not rooted. Seemed to be running normally up until last night (although the phone is usually sluggish)

Advertisement
  2. Monkeypox

Monkeypox Member

Can you download the RUU from the HTC website and reinstall from sync manager?

3. mrkube

mrkube New Member This Topic's Starter

Well at this point I should have a new phone on the way so I think it's best that it stay as it is for the warranty to process. I really would like to try but if I "fix" it doing this I would be buying a new phone according to the Sprint rep. Thanks for the reply I still might give it a shot.