• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Sprint upgrade is in December. Currently have HTC Hero... is EVO the only choice here?

The rumor mill has it that we're going to start seeing multiple core processors early next year and there's a possibility that sprint might pick up the nexus s but of course that will have to be seen to be believed.

I've pretty much decided that I'm going to get an evo next week and if something great comes out early next year I'll put it on ebay and sell it and then just buy the newer one outright.

Upvote 0
With Sprint's premier status it is easy to go ahead and buy a phone now knowing you can upgrade in just a year anyway. I don't even have a smart phone yet so that's why I am not going to wait past January for a phone, even if I had a Hero or something like that it would be much easier for me to wait. I am still using a POS Sanyo flip phone. Once I get my first smart phone I will probably wait 1.5 years to try to get on an upgrade schedule that gets me a new phone around June-July each year since that is apparently when the flagship phones release. At least that's what it seems like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones