My Steinheil Installation TipsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1. Put down a nice clean fresh piece of printer paper to work on.

2. Cleaning - I Cleaned the screen well with an automotive microfiber towel first then cleaned with the included rag.

3. Right before Installing the protector I blasted the screen with canned air to blast away any little bit of dust left. Hold the can upright or else the propellant chemical will come out with the air.

4. Use a heat gun or Hair dryer to warm the stubborn edges then hold them down with your finger while they cool. This eliminated every last stubborn edge I had. Don't set the heat gun to high and use the low speed setting.

*******Disclaimer**********
    If you melt your phone because you didn't use common sense and heated it too long or set the heat gun too high, I take no responsibility. Just use common sense.

Advertisement
    jbdan likes this.
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Appreciated ;)

3. 762x51

762x51 Well-Known Member

Wow...maybe it's just me but I didn't have to do any of that for mine. I went into the bathroom and turned the shower on hot to help get rid of dust in the air, cleaned the phone with the included cloth, then applied it exactly as the instructions said using the little squeegee thing that came in the package. No dust, no stubborn edges. Came out perfectly.

I did have to remove it and reinstall it once as I didn't get it lined up correctly the first time.

4. KimchiBoi

KimchiBoi Active Member

If you have stuck bubbles its probably dust that you will have to get rid of first or else it won't go away (it is usually the side bubbles that are hard to get rid of). I used scotch tape to lift up the protector then I took another piece of tape and dabbed the dust away on the bottom.

5. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

i just washed my hands, wiped it with the cloth and used my drivers license to push it on as i installed it. went on perfectly(on the second try)

6. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

OK got this bookmarked now. Hopefully first time will be close to perfect.