My stock 1300 mAh battery is already crapping out on me, will Verizon give me a new one?Support

Last Updated:

1. chimpy

chimpy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been running the same collection of apps every day on my Inc, and the battery life was decent, but not great.

But for some reason this last week my battery life has gotten terrible. And I haven't been installing/running new apps.

This morning I turned my phone on, checked my email, and it dropped 3% in one minute. Tonight I charged my phone up to 100%, then took it off the charger and put it on sleep. Twenty minutes later I grab my Inc and the battery has dropped 11% (from doing nothing at all).

Here are the apps that I'm running (I haven't changed this setup at all):

Calendar
    Touch Input
    Google
    Sync Service
    Beautiful Smaller Home
    Launcher Pro Lite
    BattStatt (Widget)
    Xiia Live (Widget)

I've been using this setup for three weeks now, but just this week the battery life went to shit. So I don't think it's a software issue.

I'm covered under Asurion. Will they give me a new battery? Or can I go into a Verizon store tomorrow and get a new one?

Advertisement
  2. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

try turning off all the apps and see if its the phone. one of your apps might be hogging the resources.

Also, try turning off bluetooth, wifi, gps and syncing (unless you need it).

EDIT: it could be google calendar i remember that was causing issues for people.

3. add175

add175 Active Member

4. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Very doubtful that they will give you a new battery. Take a look at some to the threads that cover battery performance and optimization and try bump charging. If you don't know what bump charging is read this post.

5. chimpy

But what I was saying earlier is that I didn't change my setup at all, and the battery life all of the sudden starts crapping out.

The same collection of widgets/apps I'm running now and getting shit performance with is the same collection that I was using for the past few weeks and getting decent battery life out of.

6. gomulkaaa@yahoo.com

gomulkaaa@yahoo.com Member

It's not worth pleading with VZW to give you a replacement. You can find a 1500mah battery on ebay for $15, which I did and am now very satisfied with it.

7. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

man check to make sure an app isnt keeping it from sleeping as well... if ur rooted, clear battery stats too.

8. chimpy

No apps are keeping it from sleeping.

9. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

10. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

I real dont see why people are telling you not to bother with verizon...this phone is brand new and you should not be forced to spend money on a battery when the phone is less than 4 months old. Call them and tell them what's going on, this should fall under the one year manufactures warranty!

11. Joshuahist

Joshuahist Well-Known Member

I have never had a problem getting a new battery from Verizon, provided it was still in the first year of owning the phone, and I simply stated that I wanted a new one because the old one was dying too quickly.

12. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of them giving out new batteries, but I won't call other users here a liar--maybe it's possible if you ask nicely. I'd be willing to bet though, that before they give out a new one they insist you use ATK! :D

13. cortecds

cortecds Well-Known Member

On different phones (not Incredibles), I and my wife got new batteries at separate times.
    We took them to the service center, they kept it for 1/2 an hour and tested the battery.
    They then determined it was the battery that was having trouble not the phone draining it.
    Here's a good laugh for you, I bought this battery on ebay. I hope their battery making skills are better than their spelling skills.
    [​IMG]

14. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

LMAO, Proid Incredible :D

15. SoupAssassin

SoupAssassin Active Member

That 1750mAh battery that was posted is AWFULLY tempting. A stock size battery with 35% more juice? Awesome.

I'm considering it. The battery life isn't TERRIBLE for me, but it'd be a lot nicer knowing you can get through an entire day of heavy usage without charging, which that 1750mAh battery would ensure. I am hesitant to buy it though; it's not that $50 is crazy or anything.....but it's $50 no one should have to spend I guess....

16. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't waste your money on that battery. In another thread someone did a test and that battery is only around 1550mah. Go with a 1500mah from Bidallies (Ebay Seller) for $15. I got mine on Friday and it's so worth it.

17. Mattb7

Mattb7 Active Member

Verizon sent me a new one no questions asked. I was on the phone with a rep about an issue with a users phone in my company and just happened to mention my battery. She overnighted one to me without me even asking.