• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Stratosphere will not charge

Lordkaimara

Lurker
Feb 26, 2012
As the title says my phone will not charge. I have had it for only a few months and I have tried taking battery out and in and stuff like that. The battery when I take the cover off is really loose and will just fall out with a simple light jerk. I need to know what to do. I have tried different chargers and outlets.

As the title says my phone will not charge. I have had it for only a few months and I have tried taking battery out and in and stuff like that. The battery when I take the cover off is really loose and will just fall out with a simple light jerk. I need to know what to do. I have tried different chargers and outlets.

Sounds like the contacts might not be making good contact. You could a bit of folded paper wedged in to push them up into the contacts, clean the contact points, pry them out a hair, etc., whatever you think you can safely do to improve contact.

Upvote 0
Mine started doing this today. It was nearly dead when I removed it from the charger from an overnight charge. I had it hooked to a computer for 2 hours and its even deader than when I plugged it in. I took the battery out multiple times. The contacts are fine because the phone still works.

Upvote 0
I turned my phone off and charged it off the same computer for a few hours. Seemed to fix the problem. It was weird because the computer did not recognize the phone when it was acting up, but as soon as I turned it off the computer did the 'detected' thing. After it charged up the computer worked fine with the phone.

Upvote 0
Has anyone checked that the charger has a 5.0 Volt 1.0 Amp output? I use my cord from LG Ally to charge my stratosphere on the computer overnight. I did notice my Ally wall charger is 5.1 Volt .7 Amp output, phone shows as charging but never goes up. The generic one I got is 5.0 - 5.5 Volt 1000mA and works good.

Upvote 0
The are 4 Stratosphere phones in my home... Mine and all 3 of my kids have one and we have problems getting all of them to charge. I think it's a problem with the phone because my sons phone was replaced twice and my daughters once and none of the 4 will charge. Even when you do get it to charge, as soon as you make 1 phone call they need to be charged again! This is the WORST phone we have EVER had!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones