1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

My Stratosphere will not chargeSupport

1. Lordkaimara

Lordkaimara New Member

As the title says my phone will not charge. I have had it for only a few months and I have tried taking battery out and in and stuff like that. The battery when I take the cover off is really loose and will just fall out with a simple light jerk. I need to know what to do. I have tried different chargers and outlets.

Advertisement
    :
  2. shrpshtr325

shrpshtr325 Well-Known Member

have you tried different cables?
  3. Lordkaimara

Lordkaimara New Member

I have tried new cables yes
  4. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I would take it to your phone provider store and get an exchange if its fairly new.
  5. Scur

Scur Well-Known Member

Sounds like the contacts might not be making good contact. You could a bit of folded paper wedged in to push them up into the contacts, clean the contact points, pry them out a hair, etc., whatever you think you can safely do to improve contact.
  6. jgorm

jgorm Well-Known Member

Mine started doing this today. It was nearly dead when I removed it from the charger from an overnight charge. I had it hooked to a computer for 2 hours and its even deader than when I plugged it in. I took the battery out multiple times. The contacts are fine because the phone still works.
  7. bubbalv29

bubbalv29 Well-Known Member

Does the PC recognize the phone? It could be the port on the phone its self, if so, get a replacement.
  8. jgorm

jgorm Well-Known Member

I turned my phone off and charged it off the same computer for a few hours. Seemed to fix the problem. It was weird because the computer did not recognize the phone when it was acting up, but as soon as I turned it off the computer did the 'detected' thing. After it charged up the computer worked fine with the phone.
  9. mez01

mez01 New Member

I'm on my 3rd stratosphere with this same issue, I finally gave up and just bought an external charger with battery ($40 on amazon). Battery charges fine and I don't have to be tethered to a cord so its a win win.
  10. Directive

Directive New Member

Has anyone checked that the charger has a 5.0 Volt 1.0 Amp output? I use my cord from LG Ally to charge my stratosphere on the computer overnight. I did notice my Ally wall charger is 5.1 Volt .7 Amp output, phone shows as charging but never goes up. The generic one I got is 5.0 - 5.5 Volt 1000mA and works good.
  11. Wildlfower7205

Wildlfower7205 New Member

The are 4 Stratosphere phones in my home... Mine and all 3 of my kids have one and we have problems getting all of them to charge. I think it's a problem with the phone because my sons phone was replaced twice and my daughters once and none of the 4 will charge. Even when you do get it to charge, as soon as you make 1 phone call they need to be charged again! This is the WORST phone we have EVER had!