• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Super Easy Root method (like there isnt enough!)

kenyu73

Oct 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
Ensure computer speakers are ON and begin the LOOP process. Honestly, the LOOP is only for visuals that you have a connection...

** shut phone down first **

1) pop out SDcard, but leave in slot
2) Volume Down + Power
3) Volume Down, select recovery, press power (be ready for next step!!)
4) Once you hear the "device removed" windows sound, quicky press your sdcard in! You'll hear another "device found" sound a few seconds after.

It may take a few tries, it's really odd timing. I've got about 3:5 chance when I try!

That's it! Follow the 10min infamous video for the rest.

This is basically how the "quickly insert/remove" sdcard process worked after many attempts... its a matter of catching the recovery in-between some special initialization.

*** TIPS ***
* try right as your hear the beep-beep
* try right at the last beep of the beeps ?!?
* try right before the recovery black screen .5 sec after the beeps

its really about timing and how fast your computer is I bet... that's why some have better success then others. On my laptop, if it insert the card right at the "beep-beep" device sound, it might not work.. so I slam it in right at the end of the sound and I can get it prob 75% of the time. Sometimes 4-5 times in a row.. other times, it takes me a few tries...

Reactions: ximfinity
Upvote 0
im doing long fat format (sd reader), long fat32 (sd reader), then into phone-> boot, turn off, root method above?

My 2gb is FAT my 8GB is FAT32. I'm currently successfully getting it with the 8GB FAT32 card.

I still dont think the format matters much at this point, its a matter of catching the initialization routine when the card it inserted.

Keep trying... I HAD no success at any method but this, and my timing is getting better... I can get it almost every time now.

..listen for the double beeps (windows), then slam that SDcard puppy in before the black recovery screeen pops up (which I think is the "too late" mark.

Upvote 0
i repeated it twice so far its definately about timing. i just went ahead and uninstalled htc sync and used the pda.net drivers

I dont have HTC Sync install either.. I cant remember how I got the adb drivers, but I may have installed it, then uninstalled the Sync App and left the drivers... <shrug>

Upvote 0
still no dice.. tried all sorts of different timings.. I'm using the modified ini drivers... maybe pdanet drivers are better?

Can you do "adb shell" when the phone is fully booted? Can you mount your phone ok and access the sdcard and stuff? Just curious if its a problems outside this little trick... (=

If you cant do those, then you cant do the recovery.

Upvote 0
Unless you have the worlds fastest computer, I can bet if you keep playing with these steps you can have it tonight! If you have a fast computer, you may have to put the card in like RIGHT AT or BEFORE the first beeps.. maybe press it in when you think the windows device beeps starts. Its really about timing and only a 1-2 second window.

Upvote 0
Worked for me after reading a post on xda that talked about the timing of inserting the card and trying it at every time after hitting recovery(start with 0 and move to 10 seconds). Mine worked after 2 seconds so long before the computer beeps. I had tried so many times prior based on the "beeps".
Credit to dreamersipaq over there.

Upvote 0
Ensure computer speakers are ON and begin the LOOP process. Honestly, the LOOP is only for visuals that you have a connection...

** shut phone down first **

1) pop out SDcard, but leave in slot
2) Volume Down + Power
3) Volume Down, select recovery, press power (be ready for next step!!)
s

question:
right after step 2, at the point were it detects the phone is plugged in, what does your device look like in Device Mananger?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones