1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

My tablet is connected to mi WiFi network but can't browse the web

1. gabspty27

gabspty27 Member

Apparently, my Android devices show they're connected to mi Wi-Fi network but when I try to browse the web (use Internet-required apps, Google, Gmail, etc.), nothing loads.
    I have tried everything: updated my router firmware, set static IP on my tablet (can't figure out how to set this up on my phones), added devices to an Address Reservation List, changed my encryption settings, added the network manually to the devices, used Google Public DNS, restarted devices and router, restored factory settings on router... EVERYTHING!
    Last night, I browsed perfectly with the tablet but didn't have same luck today. HELP!:(

Advertisement
    :
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

welcome to the forums!!!!!
    you sure it is not your router? how old is it? does other devices work ok?
  3. gabspty27

gabspty27 Member

My router is 5 years old. I guess the router it's not the problem 'cause I have two laptops browsing fine connected to it. I have tried all possible settings.
  4. ocnbrze

hmmmm well that is pretty old for a router. i bet if you got a new router it would connect.

and before you do have you tried and do a factory reset on the tablet?
  5. gabspty27

gabspty27 Member

Yes, I tried. :)

I don't want to buy a new router 'till I get the reason why it's not working. That's why I'm trying everything.
  6. ocnbrze

unfortunately i have never heard of your tablet so i'm not too familiar with it. after doing some checking around, it seems that the tablet you have build quality seems to be an issue. it might have a bad wifi radio.....i could be wrong though.
  7. gabspty27

gabspty27 Member

It's not the tablet, 'cause I tried with my cell phones, which are Samsung and I don't think they both came with the same issue as the tablet xD They connect, but can't browse.
  8. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

Is the router or a firewall blocking any specific ports? Since you reset the router that may be unlikely, but that sounds like what is happening to me. Can you figure out if your router is assigning addresses to them?

Back to one of the original questions posted to you: are these the only devices that have an issue?

Can a friend come over and get out to the web? That would let you know if it is your devices ore your network that is the issue.

When many things have the same problem, it honestly sounds like your router/network is the issue - since that is the one thing they all have in common.
  9. gabspty27

gabspty27 Member

I checked the blocked ports/services blocked by the router and the list is cleared.

I tried with my boyfriend's phone (Samsung S2) and can't browse neither.
  10. ocnbrze

i really think that it is your router....5 years is a very long time to go without getting a new one.
  11. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

If all devices are having trouble connecting through the router the problem is likely the router. You seem to have done all the trouble shooting with the router (firmware, etc.).

You mentioned that it is five years old. If you can afford a new router I am guessing that you would also be upgrading to N. If so, you will find it to not only work with your devices, but also faster and have a better range.
    ocnbrze likes this.