My tablet keeps switching offSupport

1. SBansal

SBansal New Member

Hi all, we have just recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1 on Andriod ICS 4.0.4.

Everything is great except that when the tablet is left for any period of time longer than half an hour, it switches off completely; I.e to switch it back on, I am required to hold down the "On/Off" button for longer than 8 seconds. Then I am greeted with the start up screen. ("Samsung Galaxy 2 Tablet 10.1" pops up on the screen etc.).

Firstly, is this normal for everyone else's Tablet?

Secondly, if so am I the only one who thinks this is at odds with the idea of a tablet, i.e quick access and functionality.

Please take a second to let me know, and if it isn't normal can anyone with a solution please inform me!

Thank you.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Unfortunately i'm not on a stock Samsung rom anymore, so i can't remember if there is a power saving option that would allow the Tablet to power off after your given time.

Neither of my two tablets have any issues like this i am afraid.

You could always try performing a factory reset on the tab. This 'will' reset it back to stock, so any apps, mail accounts etc will be lost, unless they are backed up to your google account.

If you do not want to attempt this, then you can install Kies on your PC and update the tablet to the latest version of ICS [if available] for your region. Kies will automatically inform you if there is a newer version available for you.

Hope this helps.
  3. SBansal

SBansal New Member

Firstly, Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated!

With regards to a power saving mode, there is such a thing but it is disabled on our tablet.

I already have kies on my laptop due to my wife owning a Galaxy S phone. So the tablet has already been checked for updates, of which there are none.

A factory reset might be an option I suppose, so I'll give that a try and see if it still happens afterwards, if it does I guess it will be going back to the shops!
  4. Romulous

Romulous Well-Known Member

Hopefully the factory restore will work it's magic, it's just unfortunate that you are experiencing these issues with your new tab.

And as you rightly state, if this does not work for you, then back to the store it goes.

:)
  5. Pache

Pache New Member

SBansal, it seems that my tablet has the same issue. Did the factory reset worked for you?
    Thanks!