• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my Tablet seems to have a mind of its own, takes random screen shots

Ive had my galaxy tab 8.9 since May this year and have constantly had this problem on and off. Ive tried resetting to factory defaults and have even sent it to samsung for repair who returned it saying they could find no fault!

My tab takes random screenshots and sometimes brings up the touchwiz menu and selects one of the app shortcuts like calendar, calculator etc. So frustrating...

Also, very rarely, without pressing it, the back key gets stuck and itll exit out of the current running app till i get to the home screen.

I thought this may have been a hardware issue as when i hold the tab in portrait, it would still click things down the same side (the side with the SAMSUNG logo) where the taskbar would be if the tab was held in landscape mode.

I dunno, maybe it is an app causing this, or touchwiz? I was hoping ICS might sort this out, but its not been rolled out in the UK yet...

Any suggestions would be muchos apreciados!

Upvote 0
I dunno, maybe it is an app causing this, or touchwiz?
I can't say that I've seen or heard of that kind of behaviour.
I was hoping ICS might sort this out, but its not been rolled out in the UK yet...
Actually the WiFi update to ICS has been out since July. If you still don't have it, google for info on how to update the Tab manually using KIES software (junk in my opinion) or Odin flashing software and the update file from Sammobile.com. I used the update file for Italy and set the language to UK English and it works great here in Canada.

Upvote 0
I dont get a prompt when I go to settings>about device>software update or if I connect to the latest version of kies via usb. U sure its available for the 8.9 WiFi version in the UK? I've tried looking for guidance on how to update manually, but these require rooting the device etc. Could U give me a link if there's a way to force update through kies?

Thanks again

Upvote 0
I dont get a prompt when I go to settings>about device>software update or if I connect to the latest version of kies via usb. U sure its available for the 8.9 WiFi version in the UK?
Sorry, didn't notice the 8.9 portion of your post, I just presumed it was the 10.1 since you're in the 10.1 forum. You really should have posted in the 8.9 forum and there might be more relevant info there too. Try there, and if no luck, come back here and I'll have a look...
:smokingsomb:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones